What's with all of these NUDE cruises???

10s nut

First reaction upon seeing this thread::eek: :eek: :eek: .

After reading a bit I was like "Give me a friggin break." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

I got 1/2 way through and I'm bent over with laughter.

I'm not one to really judge anyone, whatever floats yer boat ya know (pun intended); but I can't understand why this would appeal to someone; closed in on a ship, since most shipboard activities in Alaska are inside. Their in for a surprise in Glacier Bay!!! A beach I can see: it's hot, a cooling breeze would feel sort of nice. And with the right company I might even participate.

I don't see how there could not be leakage issues. It's hard to elaborate on a family website but think about it folks. Feminine hygiene for one. And I know nudism isn't about sex but come on, I'm a guy, you can't sit there and tell me that the sight of a naked body doesn't occasionally cause a stirring of some sort....again, I'm trying to keep this G-rated.

I'm curious though, can someone book this cruise even if they are not a nudist? Don't laugh, I'm not planning another cruise for awhile. I just want to point out that this kind of thing might attract a few perves.

Bravo on keeping it as G rated as possible *LOL*

Obviously these nude cruises are charters and I would assume tagged as such on websites and by TA's .

Of course knowing that its a nude cruise , you are free to book it if you want. But I think if you are intending to take this cruise to get your jollies and not because you are a true nudist, you can probably manage to get yourself in a lot of trouble with these people and end up getting thrown off at the first port.

Construction Dude...

If you really just think about it for a moment, do you honestly think that 'feminine hygiene' would be an issue? Because a woman may choose a 'nude' cruise, that she would forget about taking all necessary precautions required to be properly attired at, erh, hmmm...'the monthly?'. Good Grief!! Would NEVER, EVER happen, trust me. I can't believe I even responded to this!!!! (and no, am not a nudist.)

Most people don't leave their brains at home when on a cruise, nude or otherwise, though I'm sure that opinion is up for debate.

Of course if you don't feel comfortable enough to go on a nude cruise , you can pace yourself and start off with baby steps like Christina Aguliera and her husband.

I guess she was being interviewed and she claims her and her husband have "Naked Sundays"

Every Sunday the two of them just stay home and are completely naked all day long. They watch TV , read , cook, eat breakfast ,lunch and dinner, whatever completely naked .

*LOL*

Then after a few Sundays , you book your cruise :) :) :)

What do ya say folks ?????????? Let's start a roll call :) :)

Construction Dude...

If you really just think about it for a moment, do you honestly think that 'feminine hygiene' would be an issue? Because a woman may choose a 'nude' cruise, that she would forget about taking all necessary precautions required to be properly attired at, erh, hmmm...'the monthly?'. Good Grief!! Would NEVER, EVER happen, trust me. I can't believe I even responded to this!!!! (and no, am not a nudist.)

Most people don't leave their brains at home when on a cruise, nude or otherwise, though I'm sure that opinion is up for debate.

Ma'am, the nice thing about cruisecritic is that unlike other websites we don't holler at people for stating their opinions. Whether you have 10 posts or 10,000, everybody is treated fairly and given the chance to state their feelings and opinions. Friendly debates yes, but your post sounds a little testy here and its not necessary:) . This is all in good fun and thats all. As the people from this forum know, I'm just a goofball:cool: ...I don't say anything with the intention of making waves (npi) or to get a rise out of somebody. We are not like that here.

The point of my comment and my entire post for that matter is that accidents do occur. I never implied that a woman would not be prepared for that. There was a lot of talk about germs and contagion and putting towels down before sitting vs. not doing it. (I have trouble believing people will remember to do that every time they go to sit-that's a lot of time spent putting down towels-can you picture the NCL commercials depicting that one, everyone putting down a towel at the same time??) Ok, I'm being funny, but like I said, I'm a construction worker, I like to make wisecracks. :D

Obviously these nude cruises are charters and I would assume tagged as such on websites and by TA's .

The ship would be "tagged" on the TA's website as chartered. Your TA couldn't book you on a nudist cruise if she wanted to. All she could maybe do for you would be to try and find out just what organization chartered the ship, and then you would have to book the cruise through them.

Nudist cruises have to be charters simply because of their nature. Couldn't have mom and dad and the kiddies onboard a cruise where there was a large group of people running around nekkid, right? :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Construction Dude,

You're right, I did most certainly come across a little 'testy'. I've been lurking around here for simply years, and have read many of your posts....and had I been the one to pause and think about it a little, take things in the proper context, I would have realized that you couldn't really have meant your post in the tone that I received it. I really should know better, this is why I rarely post!

And...I'm usually pretty careful about 'yelling' on boards, I suppose my need to emphasize a point (that I guess I didn't need to ) had me forget myself.

I am thusly chastized....and I appreciate your kind restraint, thanks.

Nudist cruises have to be charters simply because of their nature. Couldn't have mom and dad and the kiddies onboard a cruise where there was a large group of people running around nekkid, right? :) Blue skies ...--rita

Well Rita, I guess you have never heard of family nudist organizations or that it is common, in most Scandinavian countries, for multi generational families to take sauna and steam baths together as well as with others. Co-workers of both sexes too. And it's no big deal.

Again, I need my textiles to be comfortable but I don't have any issue with those who don't.

And no, none of us are going to just happen to find ourselves on a Nusist cruise unless we intended it.

Reminds me, I was looking at Oprah mag, I think, and there was an incredible pix of a naked 90 something year old woman. It struck me how it is that I have never seen any one this age without clothes and the more I looked, the more I looked. It was not sexual nor was it the least bit repulsive. It was simply real and that I, at my age had never seen anything like it says something about me, us and this culture.

Archived