Excursion Insurance - Wales

bbappel

I'd like to take a non-ship excursion in Wales. What are the odds that the ship won't dock there? (late July) Does anyone know of insurance to cover that possibility? The tour operator I'd prefer doesn't offer insurance.

Thanks,

Beth

Not sure which port you are referring to in Wales, but if it is Holyhead (a tender port that apparently has been missed in some past cruises), check with your private insurance company (if you use insurance other than the cruiseline to insure your cruise). We use TravelGuard and included private excursion costs in our policy. I am sure other private insurance policies might do the same. Also, not sure which private excursion operator you are using, but Busybus for Holyhead, Wales does have an optional insurance for their tours in case of cancellation.

Thanks for the info. I didn't like the tone of Busy Bus - it sounded more like we would go on HIS tour, rather than plan our own. We do dock (we hope) in Holyhead. I'll check on who provided our insurance and keep that in mind. Thanks.

We are with you with regards to Busy Bus. We want to go to Portmeirion and were interested in a tour that would include this. instead, the em ail wen ton about everything else visited and , "Oh by the way, if you read about us on CC, well, this is our cancellation policy.' I felt like we were scourge of the Internet.

We are looking into renting a car (hertz) or hiring a private driver (our TA is reseraching at the moment). In either event, I will aks about cancellation insuance.

That was a good question, Beth, and thank you for mentioning it!

Charlie

I do hope that all of you who are reading this thread have a great visit to North Wales.

It is unlikely that any but the smallest cruise ship will be able to dock in Holyhead. So cross your fingers for a calm day for the tenders.

We were on the Century last September and gave the Hotel Manager a Welsh flag to fly on Sept 10th when the first ever Celebrity ship visits our country.

I hate ship shore excursions so always like to hire a car and do my own thing. There are car hire desks(including Hertz) in the Ferry Terminal in Holyhead which is not too far from the point where the tenders drop you.

You should have plenty of time for a quick visit to the main sights including Portmeirion and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychchwyrndrobwllllantisiliogogoch.

If anybody would like to contact me my E Mail should be in my profile.

We are off to Fort Lauderdale on Thursday but will be back home in time for Saint David's Day (do a google!)

Archived