Reflections Souvenir Video

919Florida

What does everyone think of the Reflections Souvenir Video? I found this on the Princess website and I am thinking of getting it for our cruise comin gup. It is our very first cruise and am really excited about it. Just was wondering how the quality is and if you think it is worth it.

Thanks

Well, If you're not in it I guess its kinda pointless to watch like 3 hours of events you weren't even at. They play it past 8:00PM on the Princess Channel on the ship and its USUALLY the latest segments but not always. We didn't get it because we had our own video of stuff. Plus, the video shows shore excursions that you probably weren't on so it can be long, but it is a fun thing to remember the cruise by :)

I guess it depends what you want out of the video. There's a lot of cheesy Princess marketing hype, mixed with a lot of generic material for a particular ship (rather than all being specific to a particular sailing) and of course some footage from passengers and touurs from our specific sailing. We bought the DVD last October on the Sapphire thinking most of it was going to be about our cruise, but there was too much generic stuff and marketing stuff for our liking. We tried to get a refund on our December Sapphire sailing but were refused since they said we would have been able to copy it:( So as you can see we just had a bad experience, but yours might be different;) .

I dont normally buy the videos they have cause we normally arent in them but this past trip they came and taped the excursion we were on so I did buy it.. it is normally $29.95.. there was a $10 off coupon in a book in our room or a separate coupon they had on the desk where you got a cd of over 90 pictures of the ship, ports of call, etc.. we opted for that cd versus getting $10 off..

Even though we have our own pictures and video from our cruises, for $20 (w/coupon) we always get the video they offer from our cruise. There will be things going on that you may miss, but will have a chance to see bits and pieces of in the video. It can also give you insight as to what you may want to do on your next cruise...in regards to excursions, activities on board, etc. The videotography isn't the greatest, but for $20, the memories are. :o

The price must have gone up! We bought ours a few days ago. The regular price was $39.99 and we saved $10 with a coupon. We hated paying that much but we were in a few sections. We haven't watched it yet so I can't comment on the quality.

The price must have gone up! We bought ours a few days ago. The regular price was $39.99 and we saved $10 with a coupon. We hated paying that much but we were in a few sections. We haven't watched it yet so I can't comment on the quality.

We just got off our cruise on Saturday and it was $29.95 and there was a $10 coupon avl in the cabin.. The other offer was $29.95 and a different coupon to get a cd with over 90 pictures on it of the ship and various ports we visited.. you couldnt combine both coupons though..

I was on the Diamond in December and got the DVD version.

The girl at the photo desk was nice and added a coupon even though I didn't have one and I got the stock photo CD.

Personally I wasn't thrilled with the video. There were some events where I saw them like the Martini Demo and some pool games and thought it would be neat to have. However when I got home and watched the sound was all dubbed music. No announcements or commentary from the events were included. So for some events you really don't know what's going on.

The stock photo CD was worth it and it has some great images of the ships and the ports of call.

I'm undecided if I will get it again on the next cruise.

• 2 months later...

We bought the vide (our daughter really wanted it) at a cost of $29.95 (after the $10 off coupon) and it's decent. Some stuff (at end of cruise) wasn't on it, because they have to stop taping at some point and actually produce the video for sale...We are on it (in the background) a few times and the kids get a kick out of it...plus it's a souvenier of their first cruise!:)

How do you go about getting the stock photo CD? Is this a new CD they make every cruise or is it a generalized CD of photos?

The CD I got came with my Reflections Video, the sales person grabbed it and said it was part of the package. It was not personalized to my specific cruise but was custom to the itinerary. It has ship images and major sights at each port of call.

The Stock Photo CD is definatly something that is worth getting on it's own if it is available. Overall I wasn't super impressed with the DVD. My biggest disappointment was the DVD didn't have any of the narration from the Cruise Directors during the events just dubbed background music.

But I will probally still get one next time anyway :)

• 2 months later...

If you want to be in the video, just be at the sail away party. They are always there and all you have to do is ask them to film you. I guess you could get edited out. Every time they filmed us, we were in the final video.

Archived