Passion Island through RCCL or on your own??

We have been wanting to go to Passion Island but not sure if you could book this on your own or do you need to go through RCCL??

Does anyone know??

Thanks' date='

Carla[/quote']

You need to go through RCCL because they only allow people from cruise ships to go to this island. When you get there you will be glad they keep it that way ;) Its a beautiful Island not too many people are on the Island at the same time and the people that run the island are great ! We went there last dec and can't wait to go back.

Cali :)

Monarch Baja 11/30/07

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/06

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S. S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

they have these guys that are on a high with security as their title, and they pull hair as you snorkel to tell you that you have to have a vest on. Excuse me I told the jerk that I dive to see stuff & a vest you can't. I am an adult & do not need one & he told me I could not snorkel. Sa,e with my husband & others in the rocky area. Then we see folks that bought the excursion just going around Freedom & jumping in mnext to the ship. And they paid for that??? Many were at the excursion desk for a refund.

$70 is the fee per person. They have BBQ & beverages including Corona beer who owns the island, they shoot their ads there. We got to go free on the C&A Member Cruise where Diamond/Plus get the excursion for FREE! I wouldn't pay $70 for it.....

they have these guys that are on a high with security as their title, and they pull hair as you snorkel to tell you that you have to have a vest on. Excuse me I told the jerk that I dive to see stuff & a vest you can't. I am an adult & do not need one & he told me I could not snorkel. .....

If you do a RCCL snorkel excursion, whether it is on Passion Island or CocoCay,you are required to wear a vest........you're no exception.

. We got to go free on the C&A Member Cruise where Diamond/Plus get the excursion for FREE! I wouldn't pay $70 for it.....

Arent you lucky RCCL made you D/DP just because of your Celebrity status?

Only been snorkeling for 53 years. With the advent of the vest, I wear a vest.

Maybe, just maybe, someone forgot to tell this very experienced crusier you do not need to blow it up! DUH!

haha!! Yea, just put it on...............make them happy.........

they have these guys that are on a high with security as their title, and they pull hair as you snorkel to tell you that you have to have a vest on. Excuse me I told the jerk that I dive to see stuff & a vest you can't. I am an adult & do not need one & he told me I could not snorkel. Sa,e with my husband & others in the rocky area. "Then we see folks that bought the excursion just going around Freedom & jumping in mnext to the ship. And they paid for that??? Many were at the excursion desk for a refund."

$70 is the fee per person. They have BBQ & beverages including Corona beer who owns the island, they shoot their ads there. We got to go free on the C&A Member Cruise where Diamond/Plus get the excursion for FREE! I wouldn't pay $70 for it.....

I don't understand what you are saying here. They made the people jump off the ship? What????:confused:

but the snorkel excursion folk purchased was just next to the ship with folks on Labadee watching the boat & folks jumping off between it & Freedom. With a long line at the excursion area with folks wanting their money back when they could have jumped in off the dock to snorkel.

The guide for us stated the best snorkeling was off the buoyed area way out from where folks were swimming but very dangerous since boats speed thru there. No too much left of the swimming area in the rocks before the security guy did his rudeness pulling hair, etc.

I don't understand what you are saying here. They made the people jump off the ship? What????:confused:

they have these guys that are on a high with security as their title, and they pull hair as you snorkel to tell you that you have to have a vest on. Excuse me I told the jerk that I dive to see stuff & a vest you can't. I am an adult & do not need one & he told me I could not snorkel. Sa,e with my husband & others in the rocky area. Then we see folks that bought the excursion just going around Freedom & jumping in mnext to the ship. And they paid for that??? Many were at the excursion desk for a refund.

but the snorkel excursion folk purchased was just next to the ship with folks on Labadee watching the boat & folks jumping off between it & Freedom. With a long line at the excursion area with folks wanting their money back when they could have jumped in off the dock to snorkel.

The guide for us stated the best snorkeling was off the buoyed area way out from where folks were swimming but very dangerous since boats speed thru there. No too much left of the swimming area in the rocks before the security guy did his rudeness pulling hair, etc.

No wonder jandj was confused...we were talking about Passion island and no mention of Labadee in the first post....:confused: :confused:

was on Labadee as well as Passion Island, Cozumel & I am told CocoCay has it also. Guess they want their $8 a person as we've been snorkeling for 30 years & never used fins or vest. We bring our own gear too.

Then the excursions, not all are as they are advertised. So be sure to ask for details.

If you do a RCCL snorkel excursion, whether it is on Passion Island or CocoCay,you are required to wear a vest........you're no exception.

Arent you lucky RCCL made you D/DP just because of your Celebrity status?

was on Labadee as well as Passion Island, Cozumel & I am told CocoCay has it also. Guess they want their $8 a person as we've been snorkeling for 30 years & never used fins or vest. We bring our own gear too.

Like I already said,if you book with RCCL for a snorkel excurstion, you will HAVE TO wear a vest...........dont think its as much as the $8,but for the liability............

Only been snorkeling for 53 years. With the advent of the vest, I wear a vest.

Maybe, just maybe, someone forgot to tell this very experienced crusier you do not need to blow it up! DUH!

That's what I don't understand either, Jim - the vests are made so that you can deflate them to submerge, so I'm confused why a very experienced cruiser/snorkeler/diver would be angry with RCI for making her do what its liability insurance carrier requires?? I'm not even a snorkeler, and I know that they deflate and inflate easily... :confused: ;) :rolleyes:

:D

P.S. I GIVE UP!!! :cool:

That's what I don't understand either, Jim - the vests are made so that you can deflate them to submerge, so I'm confused why a very experienced cruiser/snorkeler/diver would be angry with RCI for making her do what its liability insurance carrier requires?? I'm not even a snorkeler, and I know that they deflate and inflate easily... :confused: ;)

P.S. I GIVE UP!!! :cool:

Me too!!:p

I don't understand what you are saying here. They made the people jump off the ship? What????

Wonder what the insurance carrier thought of that??????? :confused: :confused: :D ;)

P.S. Was it free to jump off the ship or did they in fact get charged for it?? I'm soooooo confused!!

We don't mind the vests one bit... it makes you much more visable in the water and if you don't inflate them it doesn't impede your snorkling at all...

If you dont want to pay to rent one (or don't want to wear the sometimes moldy ones they have to rent :p ) and you snorkel a lot, you can always do what we did and buy one for about $20...

You can't give up until you help me understand the policies about jumping off the ship.... :D :p :rolleyes:

hey!!I am not the one who mentioned that excursion! First I heard of that one.................

OK, let's get back to Passion Island! Where is this island located? ;)

Cozumel..

You need to go through RCCL because they only allow people from cruise ships to go to this island. When you get there you will be glad they keep it that way ;) Its a beautiful Island not too many people are on the Island at the same time and the people that run the island are great ! We went there last dec and can't wait to go back.

Cali :)

Monarch Baja 11/30/07

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/06

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S. S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

There are five other ships in Cozumel with us. I call that a lot of people! Of course, not everyone will want to go on this excursion. Do they have a cap of how many are allowed?

You can only book Passion Island thru the Cruise line...

We loved it....beautiful beach...nice guides....not enough beach time tho...but we would do it again...it is so peaceful and unspoiled....it is where most of the Corona commericals are filmed.

** There is no snorkeling at Passion Island**

Corona.jpg.c1c119a5ef5fa4ba59de0ad9e5e89dbb.jpg

PassionIsland.jpg.294fd1722bc5d701e65cdd2817fac6ad.jpg

190190-R1-07-18A.jpg.d1d8e7d5a2a58073a7116cfdb5a9fd95.jpg

Archived