Need to buy wine before boarding OS in San Diego

caviargal

I need to buy several cases of wine and bring them aboard the Oosterdam for a private function. Normally, I pack my shipped and fly with it but this time the weight restrictions make it impractical.

I am staying at the Sheraton Suites Symphony Hall for two nights prior. Is there a wine store within a quick cab ride or nice walk that will have a good selection of interesting wines?

Any recommendations are appreciated!:)

Beverages & More

San Diego - Mission Valley

925A Camino de la Reina

San Diego, CA92108US

Phone (619)295-3171

Fax (619)295-3820

Cost Plus World Market

372 Fourth Avenue San Diego, CA 92101

Phone: (619) 236-1737

Trader Joes <-- Home of the Charles Shaw - 2 Buck Chuck

1090 University Avenue

San Diego, CA 92103

Phone: 619-296-3122

Store Hours: 9 am - 9pm

Hope this is helpful

Sign up for a "Ralph's Card" before purchasing anything and most things will be a great bargain. The cards cost nothing and are available at the store's office at front of the store. Most of the time we stay at the Holiday Inn on the Bay and it is just about 10 minutes (by HI shuttle) from there to Ralph's. It is a large supermarket and the wine selection is great. On one trip they were having a fantastic sale and most of what we bought (we're not very knowledgeable) was about $2.50/ bottle. This was for Berringer White Zinfandel and Berringer Chardonay. On the ship we pay about $23 + tip for the White Zin.

The store will phone for a cab to pick you up after shopping and that is also very reasonable. Have fun!!!

The Wine Bank ...in the GasLamp Quarter..maybe only 1/2 mile away from where you are staying...all they carry are wines..from all over the world..and the selection is awesome..the other suggestions are great as well...phone (619) 234-7487..one of the owner's is Brian..a great guy and very helpful!! LuAnn

Thanks, everyone, and the suggestions are greatly appreciated, especially the phone #s.

I calle Beverages and More yesterday and they pack the wine in styrofoam shippers and deliver so I never even have to make the trip by taxi.

I will call Wine Bank today. I do need a large variety and proper packing and some high end vintages so a traditional wine store works best for me.

Thanks again!:)

Archived