Is this the Noordam?

madelinerose

Didn't know about the stern. Also wasn't positive if other HAL ships sail from Manhattan. Thanks. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian...ot for a moment....

I've noticed that in several of the pics posted here, you're wearing jeans, albeit with a blazer, etc. Am I correct to assume (hate to assume) that jeans are a rarity on HAL? I'm trying to describe to DH what type of ambience/atmosphere to expect on HAL, and, imho, that includes wardrobe. Our last cruise was comprised of sweats and baseball caps during dinner, which is why our next cruise is on the Noordam. You look fabulous, btw, but just wondering if a blazer with high end jeans is becoming more of the "norm" (hate that word also - lol) on HAL, particularly on the Vista ships, with the 40-50 set? ;)

Yes, that be her. You can tell her from her sisters since her stern is steeper than the others...

...and the fact that she'd sailing from NYC

;)

Brian...ot for a moment....

I've noticed that in several of the pics posted here, you're wearing jeans, albeit with a blazer, etc. Am I correct to assume (hate to assume) that jeans are a rarity on HAL? I'm trying to describe to DH what type of ambience/atmosphere to expect on HAL, and, imho, that includes wardrobe. Our last cruise was comprised of sweats and baseball caps during dinner, which is why our next cruise is on the Noordam. You look fabulous, btw, but just wondering if a blazer with high end jeans is becoming more of the "norm" (hate that word also - lol) on HAL, particularly on the Vista ships, with the 40-50 set? ;)

Karen--

First off, thanks for the compliments.

:)

I don't know that my personal style is very common on HAL since I tend toward a more modern look. I still see most men fairly conservatively dressed aboard - you know the look: Polo Shirt or Button-down Shirt & Khakis - with or without a Blazer (depending on Casual or Informal nights) - or Suit and Tie/straightforward Black Tux for Formal Nights.

Once in a while, you'll see a gentleman turned out really well in his own unique style - Like Gail's husband in his Pink Blazer and White Linen pants on informal night, Scotty in his Black Leather pants and Tux Jacket, or S7S's DH in his Tux w/ Burberry plaid bowtie and matching Burberry plaid sox, or the occassional gentleman in his classic Scottish Kilt on Formal Nights.

IMO - a cruise is a special occassion, so why not dress for the occasion?

Gotcha....thanks. ;)

Karen--First off, thanks for the compliments.

:) I don't know that my personal style is very common on HAL since I tend toward a more modern look. I still see most men fairly conservatively dressed aboard - you know the look: Polo Shirt or Button-down Shirt & Khakis - with or without a Blazer (depending on Casual or Informal nights) - or Suit and Tie/straightforward Black Tux for Formal Nights.Once in a while, you'll see a gentleman turned out really well in his own unique style - Like Gail's husband in his Pink Blazer and White Linen pants on informal night, Scotty in his Black Leather pants and Tux Jacket, or S7S's DH in his Tux w/ Burberry plaid bowtie and matching Burberry plaid sox, or the occassional gentleman in his classic Scottish Kilt on Formal Nights.

IMO - a cruise is a special occassion, so why not dress for the occasion?

Brien, Joe thanks you for your compliment about his pink (Bermuda) blazer.

He did get alot of teasing about "only a real man could wear pink). We so enjoyed meeting all of your group and hope we can meet aboard another

dam ship. Gayle

May I say that Brian has his own style that goes beyond wardrobe. :) He carries it off with a certain panache; not every man can.

Gayle, your husband looked divine in his outfit. I have always loved pink on a man.

Yes ... most definitely the Noordam.

I wonder if that photo was taken on Jan 17 ... that was the day I disembarked her and she set sail again. Hmmmmm ...

I'm anxiously awaiting the website photos from your cruise, Rev. Neal!

Sheila

Archived