Dawn Jan.18-28 -Children Run Wild

Shark Bait

thing is, if NCl ever tried to ban the school, the school would cry "Anti-semitism!" and that would be that.

You can bet if it were a non-church associated school from west-central Ohio they would've been banned by now.

Since we are cruising in January 08, I am hoping that your idea that this group would not be able to make any of the dates in January 08. With the Gem being a new ship, and usually with the prime crew members, I expect that type of behavior will not be tolerated. Announcements would not have to be made....only instructions given to the crew as to how to handle it fairly for all concerned. With their top rank officers on board...this should be interesting.

Since we are cruising in January 08, I am hoping that your idea that this group would not be able to make any of the dates in January 08. With the Gem being a new ship, and usually with the prime crew members, I expect that type of behavior will not be tolerated. Announcements would not have to be made....only instructions given to the crew as to how to handle it fairly for all concerned. With their top rank officers on board...this should be interesting.

I hope you are correct.

If NCL continues to offer the 3rd and 4th passenger "free" in January...they may, again, be setting themselves up..no matter the date (day of the week) of sailing:eek:

You are right...could be interesting;) At least, you are prepared!

Why Do You Write Like This???

Just an FYI. If someone posts in all caps (which is really hard to read :eek: ), apparently this site changes it to "first letter caps". I agree that it's hard to read, but not as bad as all caps!

Just an FYI. If someone posts in all caps (which is really hard to read :eek: ), apparently this site changes it to "first letter caps". I agree that it's hard to read, but not as bad as all caps!

Thank you sincerely!:)

in sports, unsportsmanlike conduct can lead to an game ejection so lets equate that to these punks on the ship and eject them for being unruly,impolite and other rude behavior.and if the ship is at sea or in port, well that should`nt matter much. anyboby,anybody.

I will be on the 3/1 sailing of the Dawn. If there aren't enough kids running wild, I'd like to volunteer to run wild. I think it will be very liberating and will keep everyone's blood pumping.

If you see a red-faced, drunk, 42 year old running down the hall screaming, hogging the pool, and creating disturbances at the show and restaurants be sure to say Hi.

Leaving on your first cruise TOMORROW! The family must be excited. I hope you all have a great time. Let us know what you thought when you return (hopefully, you'll be asking where to cruise next)

-Monte

I am sure it will be fun. I will post a review when I return. I am pretty easy to please so I am sure I will like everything. My only concern is travelling with my 2 children ages 3&4. They are cute but they can also be a handful. They both think they are going to meet a mermaid. I might pay some local to flap up on the beach with a tail.

I am sure it will be fun. I will post a review when I return. I am pretty easy to please so I am sure I will like everything. My only concern is travelling with my 2 children ages 3&4. They are cute but they can also be a handful. They both think they are going to meet a mermaid. I might pay some local to flap up on the beach with a tail.

I think Kids Crew starts at age 3. If I'm correct, take them there to meet others on that first night. If they're comfortable with it (mine were) they'll have a blast! I haven't been on the Dawn, but the counselors we met on other ships were first rate.

-Monte

Interesting thread. I think about public holidays and school vacations when I plan trips (not just cruises), but never occured to me to think of these off-the-normal-holidays swarming of kids. My thoughts on this... grab a little (and they can be quite little indeed these days!) video camera and carry it around with you on the ship and start recording obnoxious behaviors. Boy... a picture is worth a thousand words we all know!:D

I will be on the 3/1 sailing of the Dawn. If there aren't enough kids running wild, I'd like to volunteer to run wild. I think it will be very liberating and will keep everyone's blood pumping.

If you see a red-faced, drunk, 42 year old running down the hall screaming, hogging the pool, and creating disturbances at the show and restaurants be sure to say Hi.

Sounds like you'll fit right in with the group on our roll call -- come on over!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=342409

• 6 months later...

I am an Orthodox Jew, and I enjoy cruising with my wife and 2 teenage children, whose respectful behavior I am proud of. It is appalling to hear that any parents would allow their children to be so disruptive to other human beings. I fully agree that NCL should take all means necessary to correct the situation, including forcing such families off at ports of call, and keeping a "blacklist" to prevent such low-lives from sailing on their cruise line again.

Please be assured that the Jewish religion does NOT condone this type of behavior, although individuals can sure do a good job of making it seem that way. This situation is what is known in Hebrew as "Chilul Hashem", which means a public act that brings shame to the Jewish People and ends up being a desecration of God's name.

I am an Orthodox Jew, and I enjoy cruising with my wife and 2 teenage children, whose respectful behavior I am proud of. It is appalling to hear that any parents would allow their children to be so disruptive to other human beings. I fully agree that NCL should take all means necessary to correct the situation, including forcing such families off at ports of call, and keeping a "blacklist" to prevent such low-lives from sailing on their cruise line again.

Please be assured that the Jewish religion does NOT condone this type of behavior, although individuals can sure do a good job of making it seem that way. This situation is what is known in Hebrew as "Chilul Hashem", which means a public act that brings shame to the Jewish People and ends up being a desecration of God's name.

Boy this is an old post but your post was very nice. Happy New Year.

Archived