Carnival Secrets they Usually Don't Tell You About 2

Elaine515

Though Ill be a first time cruiser, I am a frequent flier. My tip is to bring different color zip ties to keep your suitcase closed when flying (airlines are rough on bags). If by some reason they have to cut off the zip ties, you are out about 1 cent compared to if they have to cut off a lock. This will save you the embarassment of your bloomers on the conveyer belt when gathering you luggage..lol

OK. I can't get through this whole thing today, but here are my suggestions...

I bring a travel coffee mug with a lid (like from gas station) and my own cappuccino mix (can't live without it!). Free hot water for tea works for hot choc or capp.

BTW, does anyone know if they have ice tea spoons onboard? I couldn't find one and regular spoons are too short for the big mugs.

Instead of those windy "hidden door" decks, try the deck just off the main lobby. It is less windy and just as un-used. My hubby and I went with a group of 16 family members, and everyone was always sayin "where have you been?...where is your secret hiding place?". We also had some great views of the sunset, you just have to be on the right side of the ship.

:mad: it doesnt count if you are by urself:eek:

obviously either you are just joking around or have never heard that expression before. what i was trying to say was the whole mile high club vs balcony club ws the conclusion and comparison that i came too. sorry if my expression caused some sort of confusion.

I thought that might be it, but wanted to verify... Glad I asked before I went and asked:eek:

Be my luck, I would ask someone of the same sex as me, and they would want to show me how to become a member:eek: :eek:

And for the lliberals... Not that there's anything wrong with that:D

Though Ill be a first time cruiser, I am a frequent flier. My tip is to bring different color zip ties to keep your suitcase closed when flying (airlines are rough on bags). If by some reason they have to cut off the zip ties, you are out about 1 cent compared to if they have to cut off a lock. This will save you the embarassment of your bloomers on the conveyer belt when gathering you luggage..lol

Are you aware of the TSA certified luggage locks? They cost only a few dollars and are much more secure than using zip ties. And, the only ones who have the authority these days to open your bags are TSA agents who have special keys to open the locks.

obviously either you are just joking around or have never heard that expression before. what i was trying to say was the whole mile high club vs balcony club ws the conclusion and comparison that i came too. sorry if my expression caused some sort of confusion.

didnt mean it in response to your post, was just making a joke that it doesnt count if you did it by your self:D :eek:

This isn't a Carnival secret but I think its a good thing to know/do...

If you plan on using your credit card either on the ship or on the Islands, call your credit card company prior to cruising and tell them where you will be using it, when you will be using it and to please note your account.

While cruising with our friends last year, their card was denied in Antigua. Boy were they embarrassed. Luckily, they used ours but when they did get back, they were told that because the credit card company couldn't get in touch with them and they had also used it on a previous Island, they thought it might be fraud so stopped charging privileges.

Hope this helps and its ok to put this here :)

This also happened to me. I am so glad I saw this post. I will call tomarrow. sailing next week.

Check with the pursurs desk on how to become a member of the "Balcony Club". There is not any printed literature on how to join. :D

I have read all the pages to date on this thread. I found myself looking forward to your next post, and then the next and then the next. You kept me in tears of laughter. It was very late when i read these post and I was laughing out loud, so loud I woke my husband who thought I had finally lost it. Thanks for the laughs & hints!!!

I have read all the pages to date on this thread. I found myself looking forward to your next post, and then the next and then the next. You kept me in tears of laughter. It was very late when i read these post and I was laughing out loud, so loud I woke my husband who thought I had finally lost it. Thanks for the laughs & hints!!!

I'm glad that I made you laugh. Unfortunately I ran out of serious ideas so I had to improvise.

OK, with a smile like that, I've got to ask... What is the Balcony Club???

Emod20 got it right on the nose about the Balcony Club.

I am a bit nosey and look at other profiles. I noticed you and I are in the same profession. It's a great job but I'm right there with you about retirement. Be safe.

Hint: Check out the new Mexican restaurant that Carnival will be adding to all it's ship soon. It will be called Nach O Mama.

I am a bit nosey and look at other profiles. I noticed you and I are in the same profession. It's a great job but I'm right there with you about retirement. Be safe.

We aren't nosey... It's a part of our job!!! By your name, I guess I can figure out what part of your department you work in???:D

I've got either 4 or 7 years left. In 4, I reach my 30, and can retire with full benefits. If I go the additional 3, we have a state program called DROP, where we can get those 3 years in cash. That would pay off my house, and we would be able to cruise like crazy then. I'll be 53 at 30 years and 56 at 33, so either way, should be young enough to raise hell!!!:eek:

Archived