Carnival Secrets they Usually Don't Tell You About 2

Elaine515

• 1 month later...

My DH uses the Scolomine patch also. Here's a tip. You need a prescription for the patch. So, my DH almost went without because he didn't want to make an appointment and visit the Dr. I called the Dr.'s nurse and asked that she call the prescription in to the pharmacy. No problem. We picked it up on the same day.

Sweet tea is definately a southern thing but it's becoming an everywhere thing. I saw it at McDonald's as far north as Kansas City, MO. I live in a southern state and know that real sweet tea is brewed and a sugar syrup is added. However, I can't tell the difference between "sweet tea" and regular tea with alot of sugar stirred in.

This isn't a Carnival secret but I think its a good thing to know/do...

If you plan on using your credit card either on the ship or on the Islands, call your credit card company prior to cruising and tell them where you will be using it, when you will be using it and to please note your account.

While cruising with our friends last year, their card was denied in Antigua. Boy were they embarrassed. Luckily, they used ours but when they did get back, they were told that because the credit card company couldn't get in touch with them and they had also used it on a previous Island, they thought it might be fraud so stopped charging privileges.

Hope this helps and its ok to put this here :)

Thank you for this very important reminder!! While I was in Nova Scotia last year, I actually had a problem using my credit card and had to spend half an hour with the company (on my cell phone using out of the country roaming minutes of course) to get the hold removed. There is sooo much fraud out there right now, they have tightened up and do regularly put holds on charges originating from other countries.

anyone have any suggestions on how to get a table for 2 in the dining room? We have asked for this before but it hasnt worked out on carnival. We will be celebrating our 25 year anniversary on the dream next december and would love to have our own table....thanks for any info.:)

suggestions on how to get a table for 2 in the dining room? We have asked for this before but it hasnt worked out on carnival. We will be celebrating our 25 year anniversary on the dream next december and would

Hi,

When you board the ship go to the dining room and equest a table for two. That's what we always do. Hope this helps.

anyone have any suggestions on how to get a table for 2 in the dining room? We have asked for this before but it hasnt worked out on carnival. We will be celebrating our 25 year anniversary on the dream next december and would love to have our own table....thanks for any info.:)

Don't be so cheap & give the matri'd a tip first!!:eek:

suggestions on how to get a table for 2 in the dining room? We have asked for this before but it hasnt worked out on carnival. We will be celebrating our 25 year anniversary on the dream next december and would

Hi,

When you board the ship go to the dining room and equest a table for two. That's what we always do. Hope this helps.

It does...and thank you...:)

Hey, Sunnydd:

We just came home from our cruise last week...As always, we requested a table for 2...Upon arrival, we go directly to see the maitre'd to find out if we were in fact given a table for 2. If we have, super...If not, we politely ask for a change, and we've always been met with approval. In fact, whenever we look around the dining room, there always seems to be extra, empty tables...Actually, this time, we were seated at a table for 4, but without any tablemates. We also were celebrating an anniversary and wanted to have some quiet, "alone time" during dinner.

Good luck and happy anniversary!

Thanks for all the great help.

Ok, here's my tip. we roll our clothes when packing. it gives a lot of xtra room, and because they're rolled, they usually dont wrinkle.

I also just found these bags in the travel section at target that you put your clothes in and then press the air out. they are reusable and dont require a vaccuum, but have the same effect. haven't used them so can't recommend them yet :)

Hello!

I just wanted to add my two cents as I sit here and watch the Cowboys throw their playoff chance down the drain!!!!

I'm sure that you all know this, but I'll post it just in case. I am a germ-o-phobic and I always sanitize everything. Clorox has a product called anywhere or something like that, basically it's a spray bleach product. You can get a pack of three small bottles in the laundry isle at Walmart. They are only 2 oz and I spray down everything in the room when I get there! That plus my febreeze, which is a MUST HAVE on a cruise with THREE teenage boys!!:D

Unsweet or sweet?? LOL I keep a jug of each in my fridge. My family is divided, half drinks sweet and half unsweet. You have to add the sugar while it is hot or while brewing for it to taste sweet. I prefer unsweet and I live in Texas, we consider ourselves southerners!

The best tip I ever got on these boards is to bring my own large cup (the kind with a handle and lid with a straw). I decorated mine and carried tequila lemonade all day. :)

Often the Embarkation time says about 1:30pm. If you show up earlier (say 12pm) they will begin processing you right away. This way you can get on the ship earlier and enjoy lunch. On some cruises I have been asked to stay out of the cabin for awhile eventhough I was allowed on the ship early.

I so wanted to take advantage of this but we went on carnival out of NOLA when they had the oil spill and were bussed to Mobile,Al and we didn't get on till 5pm. We set sail at like 6 I think. It sucked. We drove down and we were going to be there early we stayed in a hotel close the night before and then of course the news came no luck of the Fantasy coming back into NOLA port.

First time cruisers and all,

I just returned from the Fantasy December 22-27th and although I read bring duct tape several times I didn't listen. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I would need it. Guess what??? I would have loved to have had duct tape! I needed it for everything.

I brought the power strip, that was perfect!

Everyone is right, watch the drinks they ALWAYS bring them in souvenir glasses that you leave at the table! (Ask for a normal cup, much cheaper)

I prepaid gratuities and gave my steward extra everyday but didn't notice anything special.

Embarking was easy but we had VIP boarding.

The kids ordered pizza several times at the dining room and our waiters Omar and Teo were incredible. They were the best service on the ship.

If you need anything on the ship get it in the beginning because they run out of souvenirs, medicine etc...and they don't get more in!

People told me to book spa treatments early but I was able to book all the way to the last day and everyone is right...hard sell on the spa products. Save money and stay away! Get your spa things done before you leave!

The pictures killed us. They take them all the time and they are beautiful and you WANT them. They are so expensive though but yet at the end of the ship they throw them away. I don't understand why they don't lower the costs. It seems like a horrible waste.

On the Fantasy the photographers way outnumbered the people at the information desk. The lines there were long all the time.

Our sail and sign card was messed up every day! We had to be there in line every day. We have been home 3 days and I still have holds on my checking account and two are for the same EXACT amount. I have called and they said wait three days after embarking.

Now that we have gotten through our first cruise I will be ready next time. Unfortunately I don't think it will be with carnival.

Also...if you have teenagers watch the alcohol. Carnival served our sixteen year olds without checking ID and also in Cozumel they were served unlimited alcohol.

I understand this was our teenagers fault for not turning it down...but just be aware~

I know this is in the wrong forum and I apolgize. I didn't mean to actually write a whole review

First time cruisers and all,

Also...if you have teenagers watch the alcohol. Carnival served our sixteen year olds without checking ID and also in Cozumel they were served unlimited alcohol.

I understand this was our teenagers fault for not turning it down...but just be aware~

If you are in mexico and have a dollar you have beer

Archived