SS Verandahs

stillfrantic

They are not chaize loungers, if that's what you mean. On the Zuiderdam, we had two wicker chairs with cushions and ottomans, a table, and two chairs at that table. And there was still room to move around. Very nice! Maybe the schematic was just trying to show that there is seating with a place to put your feet.

None of the SS or S suites get Chaise Lounges as a standard amenity -

The exception are all aft-facing staterooms and suites below Navigation Deck. N-Deck verandahs don't get them as they are both shallower than the other aft facing staterooms and covered by the Lido overhang.

Actually, it doesn't matter to me whether it's chaize lounges or chairs with Ottomans. Right now I'm looking forward to sitting out there with DW having a cup of coffee in the AM or a glass of wine before dinner.:)

This cruise is just taking too long to get here.:D

Exactly, Orcrone, the description and drawings of the different staterooms are only representative. Chances are that what you see in the drawings or pictures is not going to be exactly what reality will be, so there is no sense in obsessing over every minute detail. That is why HAL states on their website:

'Not all staterooms within each category have the same furniture configuration and/or facilities. Room measurements are approximate and some rooms in the same category may vary in size.' ;)

Stillfrantic, I am glad that you asked the question about the chairs because we assumed the drawings that we saw on HAL's site represented the actual chairs. DH is going to be disappointed. :(

DH had no problem napping in the chair ! They're comfortable but not THAT much for me! There's plenty of room to move around. And there are 2 chairs and a table big enough for breakfast.

Archived