Zaandam "S" Veranda Deluxe Suite Perks

sheallpet

Those perks can be accessed at the HAL website, and they are numerous and include:

Exclusive use of the Neptune Lounge

Priority boarding and debarking

Priority tendering

Special party hosted by the Captain

Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service

Exclusive concierge service

Personalized stationary

Probably are a few others that I can't recall.

It's worth every penny.

We had our champagne sent to the dining room and enjoyed it on one of the formal nights.

The Neptune Lounge was wondeful. The concierge service handled everything we needed while on our cruise. Not once did we have to go to the main desk. We also enjoyed the snacks that were in the NL.

I agree it is worth every penny We booked it once because we could not get the regular veranda suite, and now we are hooked. The cafe latte and capuccino on demand from the Neptune Lounge keeps my wfe VEY happy! As has ben said, the size and amenities of the suite itself is worth extra.

Do they no longer give you a corsage and boutonniere on the first formal night or did someone forget to mention that? I thought that was a nice touch along with everything else.

We received them this did this past Dec. :)

lippylulu,

We had an SA on the Zaandam in 2005. HAL provided the Kings room (just outside the dining room) to suite pax for breakfast and lunch. Now I believe they offer the Pinnacle for breakfast to suite pax on Vista ships at no charge. They still use the King's room on S and R class ships for suite pax (I think). In an SC you will be invited to a suite luncheon and several cocktail parties. You'll find the invitations in your room. perhaps not at boarding, they wait to send out invitations to the later in the cruise parties. You can also order hors d'ourves in your room in the afternoon. Talk to the concierge, they'll fill you in. There will also be a letter from the HM in your room outlining your suite perks. You'll find champagne in your room from the captain when you board.

GN

We did not enjoy breakfast or lunch in the King's room -- on the Amsterdam -- because the Pinnacle wait staff was very slow and unpleasant. Had to wait one morning for 20 minutes to just place an order!! The regular wait staff in the dining room is 100% better or even the Lido is tops over the King's room if the Pinnacle staff is waiting the tables. In the past they used the Indonesian staff in the King's room and that was fine -- a completely different attitude.

I should mention that on the Amsterdam we were allowed to use the lower level dining room as Suite passengers for breakfast & lunch instead of the King's room(the menu is the same as the dining room) but you will receive a letter in your suite giving the details re. this when you first board. As has already been mentioned this may be different on the Vista class ships.

Another idea -- we usually empty our refrigerator (into a cabinet under the bar) and use it for our own wine and soft drinks. We tell our room steward that we are doing this and he tells the wine steward that checks the ref. every few days.

Have FUN!!

Do they no longer give you a corsage and boutonniere on the first formal night or did someone forget to mention that? I thought that was a nice touch along with everything else.

We just got off the Zuiderdam last Saturday, and we did receive a corsage and boutinniere on the first formal night.

Something I forgot to mention earlier....Our room steward also left the menus for the day in our cabin. We generally received the lunch menu with the early morning things (in the box next to our cabin door), and later in the day, we'd find the dinner menu on the desk.

We had an S cabin/suite in Sept 06 Alaska/Veendam which was spectacular! The room itself, is so spacious and comfortable;Neptune Lounge was great also. We have just booked a TA on the Veendam in August 07 and are again in a suite - we figure we'll save at least on laundry and dry cleaning since it is included! :D And we did have breakfast in the Pinnacle and the service was fast - and delicious.

Archived