How many people can fit on a balcony?

jayz

I've booked a cruise on the Emerald...identical to the crown...along with 10 other family members who have booked inside cabins on Aloha dec due to budgets.I'm the only one that will have a balcony so I booked B748 on Baja at the very aft (butt end of ship) Now I have been informed that the caribe balcony would be better....as we probably would expect guest to drop by and join us on our balcony from time to time. Opinions please! any pics would be helpful ejeige@hotmail.com

Ive had B433 which is the same size. I don't know the exact dimensions, but you can comfortably fit four adults across the rail, and there is room for three or four more to stand against the sliding door. If you try to fit 12, it will be like the old college "how many can we fit in the phone booth" game.

Hope this helps

B748 is an aft balcony and is not a standard-sized Baja balcony. The standard Baja deck balcony is just big enough for two small chairs and a small table. You could probably fit 4 - 5 people without the chairs and table. The standard Caribe deck balcony is big enough (and is half-covered/half-uncovered) for the two chairs and a table as well as two half-loungers, with plenty of room left over. The half-loungers are reclining chairs, not full-sized loungers. You will have far more room on a Caribe balcony.

Thanks Pam...you did not comment on the Baja aft decks they are just as large?
I've never been in or seen a Baja aft balcony (I prefer ships with open, public aft decks where anyone can enjoy the sun and the view). However, they are almost always booked very early so your best bet is to go for a Caribe balcony.

Here is a review of that room on your other sister ship, the CB.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=14163

And some more comments on the balcony:

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=8049753&postcount=6

And lastly, here is a picture: Click to enlarge and see full album posted on webshots.

143064771YfgMVT_th.jpg

Hope this helps you!

Very valid points. Caribe balcony is good but not so private and you do get sun. If you are the extremely private type then you book an aft. having said that being so private what the heck is an obsessively private person doing on a cruise anyways? I love open air public spots too....its my wife who is the private one. I'm trying to make her happy

B748 on the Crown could probably seat 6 comfortably. It has 2 chairs and a table along with 2 highback chairs that can be reclined. If I remember correctly there would be room for 2 more chairs if needed...

There is nothing like being out there at sundown and sailaway.You feel like the only person onboard the ship and the views are spectacular...

Here is a review of that room on your other sister ship, the CB.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=14163

And some more comments on the balcony:

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=8049753&postcount=6

And lastly, here is a picture: Click to enlarge and see full album posted on webshots.

143064771YfgMVT_th.jpg

Hope this helps you!

Thanks! This helps. We are sailing on the Emerald..hence all the questions CROWN which I thought is the sister ship? or are there now 3 sisters?

Caribbean Princess is not identical to the Crown. I believe the Crown has an additional deck.

Jayz-In response to your question, in another thread I talked about being in B752, not B748. My son was in B748. In any event all of the aft balconies are covered. Whether or not you get any sun is a function of the direction of travel, and the position of the sun. It is not at all like being on deck, or in an uncovered balcony. All of the aft balconies on Baja Deck on the Crown are large and as previously stated held at least 8 people comfortably.

Archived