Carnival & Baltimore, MD

REGINA

I don't know if they plan on returning to Baltimore but I have heard that it is pretty rough sailing out of there. I am from Baltimore and still have family there so I thought that would be fun to do, and I could grab some steamed crabs while there!

Regina,

Apparently not. CLICK HERE for home ports list. I also don't see Baltimore listed as an option under find a cruise.

Thanks for the link.

I've going back and forth about our next cruise and would love to go out of B-Mo, but the rates are not that great on RCI to Bermuda. Not saying the Miracle was better, but I have nothing really to compare it too from there.

I would love to see Carnival back in Balto as well. It was so convenient. I know a few people who took the RCI sailing from here and were not real happy. The age of the ship was one complaint and they were not happy with the onboard service.

Have you looked into sailings from Norfolk, VA? It would not be that far a drive.

I looked at the RCI sailing to Bermuda too. I could have a balcony on a 7 day Carnival ship with air for what they want for this cruise! I hope Carnival comes back to Bmore, it would certainly be convenient for us to get a few more cruises toward Platinum status! We are looking at the Norfolk sailings, as we have family in that area too.

We sailed on the Grandeur of the Seas last summer on a 9 day Florida/W. Caribbean cruise and had a terrific time. GOS is a very nice ship. Despite being older, she's well maintained and has a very nice staff. The new cruise terminal in B'more is very convenient and easy to use. Sailing down the Chesapeake Bay is a fun experience. I'd definitely recommend her - especially if you're from the area. For us, the cost of not flying (there are 6 iin our family) balanced out the slightly higher cost of the RCCL cruise.

Just a thought!

You would think that after all of the overbooking with the Miracle out of Baltimore, they would realize the market is ripe for it!

Philadelphia would also be a great choice. Legend went out of there for a while.

People in the Maryland/ PA/ VA/ OH areas would love to have a port closer to home. Especially those who don't care to fly. :rolleyes: (me)

Hello Everyone - I work for the Port of Baltimore. Our cruise folks are currently in talks with Carnival and other cruise lines. Hopefully, we'll have an additional line or two for the 2008 cruise season. The lines usually book their berthing assignments at least a year out so there probably won't be anything for 2007 with the exception of the new itineraries for Royal Caribbean.

Hey Drumline, any chance you were in the Baltimore Colts Band?

Archived