Just back from Millie cruise

adjburch

The toilets on Celebrity vessels are vaccum devices which store the human waste and toilet paper, and then offloads it when it is in port by authorized disposers.

We have been on 6 Celebrity cruises and have not a a back up problem. It is clearly stated in each cabin that only toilet paper and of course human waste is to be deposited. Unfortunately, there are idiots who do not read, do not care to read, or ignore the warning. It only takes one person to put unauthorized material in the toilet to inconvenience a lot of people.

My husband and I just returned from our 2nd cruise with Celebrity. The first was for our honeymoon 5 years ago on Constellation, and this time was on the Millennium.

We had an absolutely wonderful time and felt like we were treated royally the entire trip. We felt the service was extraordinary everywhere we went, from our stateroom attendant to the theater to the restaurant. As for the buffet/casual dining area, we never found that it was lacking in servers; in fact at times I felt there were more than enough. We could barely finish our plate of food before someone was there to ask if they could take it away for us.

Yes, Celebrity seems to have an older crowd. However, I am 26 and my husband is 27 and we have never felt annoyed or inconvenienced by anyone, even on our first trip when we were 21 and 22 years old. I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and classiness of the ship and it's visitors. Maybe we're just boring but I'll take an older crowd any day over some of the 20-somethings we've seen that are loud and obnoxious and often ridiculously drunk (obviously I'm NOT saying everyone younger on cruises like this are that way).

The food was spectacular (you have to try The Olympic...wow), the room was beautiful, the ports were ok (but we knew their reputations before we booked;), and the ship itself was very well-kept for it's age. There were very few things that looked worn, and I'm not sure we would have even noticed had we not been looking for it. The talent of the Celebrity singers and dancers was AMAZING...the shows were wonderful! But by far the best part of the cruise was the service. We felt the staff really went out of their way to make this trip enjoyable for their guests.

The only 2 things that we thought might be nice was 1) the patroling of the pool area that someone mentioned earlier. It was really hard to find a pair of chairs by the pool, especially on sea days. It would be nice if they did a better job clearing them when they are obviously being saved for hours on end. And 2) enforcing the dress code a bit more. I'm not saying everyone needs a tux on formal night...suits are great. And casual should be relaxed too, but shorts and a sweatshirt? Hmmm. We just felt like there were probably a lot more shorts, tee-shirts and jeans then there should be for a restaurant with a dress code.

Again, this was a great ship with a great crew. I'm sorry for anyone that had a bad experience; things happen and there are issues for some people that aren't issues for others. My own experience though was a wonderful one and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Celebrity or the Millennium. I can't wait for the next one!

This is not Celebrity's problem, but a problem with IDIOTS:mad: who put items in their toilets which do not belong. This clogs the entire system on that line, and the clog must be cleared before any toilet on the entire line will work. We had a similar problem, and have been told exactly what I said. Having researched it further myself, it is true. It's as if somebody put a block in the main sewer line in your neighborhood at home, which would cause the entire area to stop up.

The only cure is to find whoever is doing it and put a rather large charge on their shipboard account for the nuisance to all others. Maybe the word would get out and the problem would stop.

Dan

YES, it is Celebity's problem. Our cabin on the Summit had toilet issues, and NO we did not put anything in the toilet, but it is their job to fix it!

It depends on WHICH seniors. The nice, friendly ones who try to interact and get along are lovely. The ornery, crotchety ones who think the world revolves around them and have long ago given up any urge to censor themselves are a NIGHTMARE. Of course, there are bad ones and good ones in any age group...

I agree!

This is my first time posting to this board and was suprised to see this thread. I was also on this same cruise. We have gone on over 20 cruises. My wife and I brought along my mom (age 79) along with my sister, husband and his mom in rooms ranging from Sky Suites to Concierge Class. We had a fabulous time! The service, food, entertainment, rooms, etc. were top notch. We have high standards and now we usually only cruise with Regent, Crystal and Celebrity. We just got off Regent in November from Sydney to LA and are going on Crystal to Asia in April so, hopefully, you can get an idea of our expectations in cruise lines.

I still put the dining experience at the Olympic Restaurant up there with the best anywhere.

Too bad I was not one of the people you spoke with on board.

YES, it is Celebity's problem. Our cabin on the Summit had toilet issues, and NO we did not put anything in the toilet, but it is their job to fix it!

Nor did we put anything in ours, but somebody downstream did. As I said before, it's as if the sewer main in your street were to somehow become blocked. The entire neighborhood would then have stopped up drains. In the case of a ship, there are many toilets on the same vacuum line. If somebody in that line puts something that does not belong into their toilet, the entire line does not work. The only thing Celebrity can do is send up the plumber to find out where the blockage is and clear it. They had to do this more than once on our cruise (Feb 11), and the people to blame are the clods who stop up the line somewhere, NOT Celebrity.

Dan

Your reference to Transatlantic cruise caught my eye as we are booked on April 13 TA on Constellation (12 nights - 1st 7 days at sea). This is our first X cruise (cruised HAL, NCL, Princess, RCCL, and Carnival) and have to say I'm a little worried after reading several of these postings. We have a CC cabin on sky deck, which looks quite nice in the pictures. We're trying to somewhat schedule activities for 7 "at sea" days (this is unusual for us, all our other cruises had few "at sea" days). I thought we could relax at the "T" pool area (is this area very large?), and of course there is the library - do you have additional suggestions of activites since you've been on the "m" class ships? Also, is there someplace on the Celebrity site that I can view the spa services with prices?

Just a word about a broken anything in your cabin: call the head of HOUSEKEEPING, NOT the Customer Service desk.

Call your room steward first, then call housekeeping, and then call and ask for the manager of housekeeping.

Do NOT wait two hours for anything. Give it 30 minutes and then make the next call. Housekeeping takes care of the cabins, not Customer Relations. They just pass the word along.

And, regarding lots of seniors on cruises. We had a very large amount of seniors on a Transatlantic cruise. One of the quietest and most restful cruises we've ever been on. Give me walkers over running gangs of kids any day!

P.T. Leslie,

Did you have any luck finding the spa prices? I am on your cruise (Connie 4/13/07) and I have been doing the exact same thing! Scheduling things to do on a cruise ship has never been something I bothered to do but 7 days at sea! I want to be ready just in case. LOL. We are on sky deck too (but not CC just 2A) cabin 9004 all the way up front and starboard. Are you registered for the cruise connections party? And the roll call?

Best,

Kat

PS see my profile if you'd rather reply privately

Archived