Firefighter discount?

groffo1

I could not help but notice that the Firefighters who were attempting to justify a Discount for there Profession also ended the posting with IAFF. That of course stands for International Association of Firefighters.... there Union. Sadly it is just this attitude of entitlement that has seen the demise of most Unions. A discount would be nice if it could be combined with a week off for a strike or walkout.

I have stood by and read this thread and I really don't get it. I am a paid on call/volunteer FF/EMT-B/Lieutenant and proud of what I do along with the 65 FF and or EMT's that I serve with on our local department. I don't believe that being in the union has anything to do with it. As far as discount's it does not matter who you are or what you do, I always ask if there is a discount avalable. I even ask if that is the best possible deal when I shop for major electronics and appliance’s. As far as Cruise's and hotel's it never hurts to ask sometime's the hotel has a manager's discount that is better then a goverment rate. It is just being smart with you money. as far as the union goes we do have 8 people in the IAFF on our department and I am proud to call them my brothers. If you need them they will be there to help you union are not.

I could not help but notice that the Firefighters who were attempting to justify a Discount for there Profession also ended the posting with IAFF. That of course stands for International Association of Firefighters.... there Union. Sadly it is just this attitude of entitlement that has seen the demise of most Unions. A discount would be nice if it could be combined with a week off for a strike or walkout.

I would like to comment to this, but momma says if you cant say something nice dont say anything. IAFF LOCAL 1724 "ALWAYS READY"

• 4 years later...

...back to the topic...

While there is no specific discount all the time, I do know that several lines will offer special discounts for police/firefighters for certain cruises. So it is more of a sale they run than a constant discount. Not sure if Carnival does this, but other Carnival corporation brands such as Princess and HAL do this.

Even if they did, discounts are not combinable.

It is a good thing too, because you would never be able to get a booking because the ships would be full of Past Guest-Ex Military-Seniors sailing for $49.95. :D

Works for me

Many things have been posted here on this topic.......and I think that both views have many valid points. However I cannot ignore something that was posted by : resq602 : My thoughts and not ment to open old wounds or to disrespect any First Responders, I think we all are thankfull for the work they have choosen to do, and we are greatfull for the times THEY Run In as WE Run Out. His Question began,

"Did you loose 343 brothers..........................WE did"

The answer is...........YES........We all lost Those Brothers, Those Sisters, Those Mothers, Fathers, Aunts and Uncles. I know that FF's and PO's take that lose very hard, they share a kinship with their fellows. But We as just normal folk also feel that lose no less then they. WE ALL lost close to 3000 that day. I know none of us will forget.

I know its a bit off topic....but I felt I needed to respond. Discount or not.....I hope you ALL have the oppertunity to cruise often and well.

Enjoy

Tom

Thank you.. I couldn't have said it better myself.

There were a half a dozen registered nurses with our group on the Liberty. No one offered us a discount, and we weren't expecting one.

It's pointless to get into a pissing contest about who deserves a discount over someone else, just as useless as it is to debase one vocation because you think your job is more important than all others. Get over yourself.:rolleyes:

As far as I am concerned, a discount should only apply to our military folks. You want to talk about people who really put their lives on the line, start with them.

I totally agree!

I am not going to reply on the direction the topic has headed..

I don't blame anyone for looking for what discounts may or may not be out there - lets face it most of us do - we all work hard for our money and with the increase in our economy - we try to have our dollars go farther..

I do however want to say THANK YOU to the firefighters, police, MILITARY and everyone else who works hard and dosen't think twice about it.

Happy Cruising and Happy Friday!!!

P.S. I do REMEMBER!!!

Archived