Need FAX # for requesting UPGRADE

cruiseangel2006

Has anyone written in to Carnival for an upgrade? Do you have the fax number to their inventory control?

Did you book with Carnival directly or with a TA? Faxing "inventory control" is not an option. If you want an upgrade it could happen, if you booked a GTY or you can pay for a higher category cabin.

If you could just write or fax to someone, everyone would do it.

Not trying to denigrate, but whoever was first to read such a fax would likely be passing it around the CCL offices for a serious community chuckle. If you are celebrating a special occasion, it should have been duly noted by your PVP at the time of booking, assuming of course that you put him on notice. That being said, none of the cruise lines of which I am aware, take that sort of thing into account when passing out upgrades. It is mostly a crap shoot. I know of nothing that one can do to improve the odds of an upgrade other than to book a GTY instead of a specific cabin.

Ouch, a little sensitivity please. Why so much pessimism? Have you never gotten upgraded on CCL? Their ships are huge, they can't possibly fill every voyage!?

From what I've read, they have been sailing full lately. It can't hurt to have them make a note in your file. You might get cabin decorations or something. Or...they might give you an option of buying a nice cake for your special occasion.

Have a nice cruise.

FYI:

Here's how to contact them:

http://carnival.com/contactus.aspx

Angel, I've been on eight Carnival cruises, and only on one did we book a specific cabin. In 7 Carnival cruises with a guarantee room booked and great hopes, we have been upgraded 7 times. In every instance except one, we were upgraded to a higher deck within the same category type, i.e. inside to a higher deck inside room, etc. On our very first guarantee room, we had booked an Oceanview cabin on the Carnival Paradise back when she was sailing 7 nights from Florida, and we were upgraded to a category 11 suite.

Carnival does a great job of upgrading folks who book early, and then reselling the lower priced rooms to last minute guests! I'm a travel agent, and I've been pressured by guests to contact Carnival on their behalf to encourage a great upgrade. I have asked my Carnival rep to add a note to reservations about special occasions they're celebrating, the number of times they've previously cruised Carnival, or the fact that this is their first time on Carnival, but they've cruised 10 times previously on three other lines. I don't know that this helps, but I've done it.

Almost everyone gets an upgrade ... not everyone considers a higher deck an upgrade, so I'm always thankful for any upgrade received, and if I don't get an upgrade, I figure I received exactly what I paid for!

Have a great cruise!

Cruiseangel2006 - If you want to write them a letter, more power to ya! My only question is did you ask about this when you spoke to a PVP?

A close friend of mine is getting married this summer and wasn't planning on taking a honeymoon right away because she didn't think they could afford it. I raved about Carnival and suggested even if it's only a 3 or 4 night cruise, she should definitely try to save enough for a honeymoon! They wound up choosing a cruise on the Liberty in July and were going to book an inside gty. When she called a PVP she asked if they offered any discounts for teachers, residency discounts, student rates, anything! Then she said, "It's my honeymoon, does that count for anything?" The PVP put her on hold and when he came back he told her he'd give her an OV with two windows for the inside gty price. She is sooo thrilled! So it definitely doesn't hurt to ask!

Thank you for your positive feedback. I did find a fax number afterall and sent off my note.:p All the cabins are nice on (new ships especially) and truly in port-intensive Europe, I will be off the ship more than on. Anything will be just great!

I hope it works.... Good luck....

P.S. What is the fax #!!!!

Elaine :)

Not sure what youre talking about, as for Guarantee Booking, an Upgrade isn't always guaranteed, you are guaranteed the Cat. you selected and can be upgrade or bumpped to the next one or as they fill up the ship. You get what they put you in. If you like a specific cabin, you would have to call them and ask for it.

I always book a Low Cat. Cabin and book them Guarantee in hoping to get a nice upgrade. Its a chance I take and have payed off good.

Good Luck on your upgrade.

Fred

WEll We did a Guar and were getting married onboard the ship and Paid for 8 other cabins to go. We got upgraded from Riv to Main, that was it. So dont count your chickens for an upgrade, if getting married onboard the ship isnt special I dont know what is

PS yes were were happy with our 6b I was sailing, I was happy :)

He told her he'd give her an OV with two windows for the inside gty price. She is sooo thrilled! So it definitely doesn't hurt to ask!

Thats a Inside Cat.1a cabin :D So its still the Inside price. Its just like Cabin 2465 on the Valor, its a Cat.1a with 2 large Windows.

Cabin2465a_800x495.jpg

I don't want to burst your bubble but do you have any idea how many people cruise for a special occasion? We have sailed on every cruise with large number of honeymooners, those celebrating 25th, 50th and several 75th anniversaries. Unfortunately your probably wont be any more special than a large % of the other cruisers.

Archived