one word answer please.

cruzin w chris

Undecided...

(That's the "one word," ...now to explain... I just got off the POAm 17 Feb, and my first experience with Freestyle. Not really what I expected. I found the whole system complicated and confusing. First, reservation policy has changed...now only 24 hours prior for specialty restaurants. There were 9 of those on the POAm, some required a cover charge, some didn't. Cover amount varied from one restaurant to another. The Teppanyaki and Sushi in the East Meets West restaurant has only 3 seatings...5/7/9 pm... you want a 6:00 or 6:30 reservation...out of luck. To make a reservation you call the Restaurant Reservations Desk 7 a.m-5:00 pm, or Deck 5 Capitol Atrium (ext 5101 or 5103) from 6:00 pm-10 pm. Want to make a reservation between 5 and 6 pm...out of luck. We called 3 times 2nd day of cruise to make a reservation, and they were all booked, so we gave up and went to the Skyline Restaurant.

If you eat in the main dining rooms (Skyline or Liberty) you can get seated pretty quickly, but the service was SLOOOOW...fastest time was 1 hr from ordering to dessert and longest was 1:35. The staff was friendly and seemed to be trying, but their serving setup is very inefficient. There's always the Aloha cafe (buffet restaurant)...really good for breakfasts and lunches, and they have the same menu for dinner as the main dining rooms.

Will I sail again with NCL and freestyle...yes, if the itinerary and price are right. I'll have a little better idea of what to expect though...

Archived