Bon Voyage Gifts - Wine

ZotBot

I have read so much on this board about not bringing wine on board. However I was wondering if I ordered a bunch of bottles from the NCL as bon voyage gifts for myself will they deliver it to my room? Will it be there waiting for me when I arrive? I mean they are "bon voyage" gifts. If anyone out there has any idea of this please let me know.

Sailing the Sea on August 28th out of Houston.

Thanks so much!

I have read so much on this board about not bringing wine on board. However I was wondering if I ordered a bunch of bottles from the NCL as bon voyage gifts for myself will they deliver it to my room? Will it be there waiting for me when I arrive? I mean they are "bon voyage" gifts. If anyone out there has any idea of this please let me know.

Sailing the Sea on August 28th out of Houston.

Thanks so much!

No problem - have done this on my last two cruises. You can get a bottle of wine from room service anytime.

So do you mean I don't even have to order these things as bon voyage gifts? I can just order from room service?

Are you sure? Cause I've read so many posts here that state you can only drink wine in the dining room.

So do you mean I don't even have to order these things as bon voyage gifts? I can just order from room service?

Are you sure? Cause I've read so many posts here that state you can only drink wine in the dining room.

I am certain. You can go to NCL.com and check out the wine list.

NCL Wine List

You can complete the order form on the list, call room service , go to a bar, or take your bottle from the dining room. The issue is around carrying your own onboard.

Also,

on board NCL ships, there is often a deal where you buy 5 bottles and get the 6th free, so you might want to wait until you get onboard if you are going to buy a bunch of bottles.

Very good point - just make sure you understand what wines qualify for the promotion - Unigue Selections from the wine list do not qualify - Found that out the hard way :confused:

Out on a tangent here, does anyone know of some companies that do Bon Voyage gifts particularly to the San Pedro/LA pier?? I'm thinking about ordering a little something to dress up the room - flowers or something. But then again, I was thinking about waiting until I was actually there in San Pedro and picking up flowers to take aboard with me. So...another question would be if anyone knew if there was a store or florist or something near the pier in San Pedro.

My brothers used to sell flowers on the side of the road in So Cal - but that was YEARS ago and I don't know if they still do that or if they do if they would do that near the ship area or not.

(I upgraded myself to a balcony room and am now a little more excited about the actual room than I was before...hehehehehe)

Emi

We always wait and do the special of buy five, get one free. It is also a neat program because your bottles of wine "follow" you around the ship. So, one night you eat at Le Bistro and don't finish the bottle, they recork it and the next night it is available at any restaurant you go to. If you don't finish the bottle at dinner and want to bring the remaining to your room, you can do that too. We have purchased this special as soon as we get on ship and have one bottle delivered to the room immediately for our own private sail away party on the balcony. Its a great program.

Archived