Pre-cruise hotels in Miami

I stay at this one and I am quite satisfied with it.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there before and as recently as September. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested.;)

I paid only $219.72 total for 2 nights in September. We had a Bay View room with a King bed over looking the ships.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...iabb?irs=null&

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

If you want to see the Bayside marketplace.;)

www.baysidemarketplace.com

We booked our pre-crusie hotel through priceline.com. We ended up with $85 for the Hyatt that's close to the port. It's a four star hotel, and has its own balcony for each room. However, business folks on trip advisor have mixed reviews because most folks who stay there are in town for a cruise or conventions.

We have used Priceline.com the last few times we stayed in Miami prior to our cruises and have been quite pleased with the results. We have gotten Hyatt Regency Downtown and Marriott Biscayne Bay for considerably less than what it would have cost us to book directly with them, and we have been able to get the sleeping arrangements we wanted by calling the hotel,once the booking was confirmed. Others have been able to get the Intercontinental and the Doubletree using Priceline. Any of those hotels are first rank and you should be more than satisfied with any. Many folks choose the Holiday Inn for its price and location and most seem quite satisfied with it. Any of the major hotels in the downtown Miami area should prove satisfactory. The price you pay will depend to a large degree on the going rates for the dates you want to stay there. Those rates can vary significantly, so I would check the hotel websites first and then check on biddingfortravel.com to determine what bids are being accepted for the dates in which you are interested. Good luck.:)

On our second cruise in Jan '07, we stayed at the holiday inn port of miami. We loved it so much that we will try to stay there everytime. The location is fantastic. Walk right out the door and cross the street and you are at the Bayside market place. lot's of fun things to do there. Also it's a short cab ride to south beach, and only 10 minutes to the port. Great hotel for those on a budget like me. We also paid different prices for the 3 nights we stayed there. pre cruise was 158.00. two nights post cruise 178.00 fri. night, and 199.00 sat. night. Sat. was a second thought and didn't get the cheaper rate by calling early. So do call far in advance to get the best possible rates. :rolleyes:

Archived