Monarch Junior Suite Question

I just put a hold on JS 1088 for May 4th after waiting patiently for one to open up. I grabbed this one, but it is the last cabin on the starboard side by the aft elevators, close to the youth areas. Has anyone had a cabin near there? I am concerned about the noise from the arcade and disco, etc. one level up on 11.

Should I just let this one go and wait for another to open up on this date? Are my chances good to get a better one right around final payment time?:confused:

And on another note, this cruise will get me to platinum if we have a JS...how long does it take to get our new C&A cards? (I am just assuming there are different cards...maybe just your sea pass card defines your "status"!) Thanks for your help!

I can't answer regarding your cabin, but can with the C&A.

We didn't get any new cards, but it was printed on our seapass when the status had changed. Of course, that only happens when the cruise is completed that puts you to the next level, not before.

I am always uneasy about cabins by the elevators. Have heard mixed reviews. I guess it depends alot on the makeup of the fellow passengers that week.

Have a good one!

You really shouldn't have noise problems--even by the elevators. Deck 10 is prime real estate for a reason. If it was noisy, they couldn't charge so much! Relax--you'll be fine! We've never been bothered by noise. Just like a hotel, tho, you will hear folks as they walk past your door, or let their door slam. There's no getting around that! But, noises from other areas are minimal.

Hello there! I've sailed on the Monarch in Cabin 1088 and 1588 and simply LOVE those cabins! They really aren't that close to the kids area, since there are hallways that extend around the corner before you reach them. The noise up above you is nothing too great or very minimal at best. Obviously, all of the JSs are under the pool deck, so if the weather is good, you may have some noise during the day or early evening. I'd book that cabin in a heartbeat!:D

Thanks for your replies! But if another JS opens up, can I put a hold on it, then call RCCL and have them switch it? I've done this with a TA before, but not after booking online.

If you booked online, on RCI's website, you can also change your cabin by yourself online - I've done it a couple of times - even changing category. You should see that option in your reservation.

Hello there! I've sailed on the Monarch in Cabin 1088 and 1588 and simply LOVE those cabins! They really aren't that close to the kids area, since there are hallways that extend around the corner before you reach them. The noise up above you is nothing too great or very minimal at best. Obviously, all of the JSs are under the pool deck, so if the weather is good, you may have some noise during the day or early evening. I'd book that cabin in a heartbeat!:D

I agree, we always get either 1086 or 1088, no noise from AO. Plus there's an elevator back there in from of AO that hardly anyone uses except the kids. I've never heard any noise from above either.

Archived