Smoking policy

aptsguy

We do not want to be served by employees that do not make a "living wage" are, instead, are dependent upon tips.

Just because your tips are factored into the price of your cruise does NOT mean the employees get more wages then other cruiselines.

Just because your tips are factored into the price of your cruise does NOT mean the employees get more wages then other cruiselines.

There is a lot of evidence in earlier threads on this forum that employees of a "no-tipping" line have better pay and conditions than those of a line where tipping is the norm. It would be a pity, though to resume all of that discussion.

There is a lot of evidence in earlier threads on this forum that employees of a "no-tipping" line have better pay and conditions than those of a line where tipping is the norm. It would be a pity, though to resume all of that discussion.

I will look for the evidence thread as you suggested is here.

But that still does not mean they get better wages... it is just they are guarenteed to get the tips that are built into the fare than rely on people removing tips like on the other lines.

I am a "show me the facts" type person ;)

Good Morning, all. We just returned from a Regent cruise and only at the end did I realize there was little smoking going on. The ashtrays at the elevators all that the R logo in the sand, and only once did I see the dreaded butt sticking out. I'm sure people smoked, but we never noticed it.;)

As far as Oceania, it and Regent are just about the only lines we'll sail on. Definitely our two favorites. Apples and oranges, but both fine lines. Can't go wrong on either.:)

Esther

Archived