Chocolate fondue in the Bistro

iHartVacay

Glad I stumbled on this thread. Chocolate fondue sounds great!

I don't know that it's really something that I'd expect to find in the sticky NCL FAQ thread, but wouldn't it be great if there was a thread that focused on this type of "insider" information?

We asked about it on the Wind last month and were told they no longer had it.

I've a hunch, that since it's no longer on the menus, that they're doing us a favor by serving in thus far and soon it may not be available in LeBistro on any of the ships. Didn't someone mention, in another thread, that it was coming to another dining room (Cagneys?) in the future?

-Monte

If anyone's been on the Sun recently, please let me know if you were successful ordering it. It won't break my vacation, but I was relly looking forward to it since chocolate is my addition of choice, and I have read here that it is better than the chocoholic buffet.

I must say I am quite bummed about this whole thing...Le Bistro and with that - the chocolate fondue were highlights of my NCL cruises.

Okay....I'm past it now...*smile* What OTHER dessert at Le Bistro would you suggest?? We have always focused on the fondue and just ordered a second dessert because 2 fondues was just too much and I can't even remember what the second dessert was now.

Aloha,

Emi

I must say I am quite bummed about this whole thing...Le Bistro and with that - the chocolate fondue were highlights of my NCL cruises.

Okay....I'm past it now...*smile* What OTHER dessert at Le Bistro would you suggest?? We have always focused on the fondue and just ordered a second dessert because 2 fondues was just too much and I can't even remember what the second dessert was now.

Aloha,

Emi

For at least the time being, keep asking for the fondue first! They might continue to bring it and if enough ask for it, maybe it'll return to the menu!

-Monte

Okay....I just followed that link and skimmed through 6 pages of posts and only saw passing references to cheesecake and creme brulee - so that didn't really answer my question. I'll look through my paperwork from past cruises and see if I have a menu.

Monte: Oh...I'll definately ask. I'm prepared though that I will not get the answer I want but I'll survive...lol!!!

Emi

I'll look through my paperwork from past cruises and see if I have a menu.

Monte: Oh...I'll definately ask. I'm prepared though that I will not get the answer I want but I'll survive...lol!!!

Emi

From what I'm hearing, your old menu might not be a lot of help, but I wish you luck.

You'll survive (LOL). Yep, ain't life grand?

-Monte

Aloha,

Emi

The Bistro Hot Tip Dessert!

The "other" side of the new Bistro menu is a "tasting for two" with rack of lamb and chateaubriand (both excellent). but best of all they offer a chocolate souffle that borders on incredible. It's served with a chocoalte Grand Marnier sauce....ummm ummm ummm! I also tried it the classic way, with just globs of freshly whipped cream, spooned into the steaming center...I want some now!

Even if you don't order from the tasting menu, if ask nicely, they'll serve you the souffle.

The Bistro Hot Tip Dessert!

The "other" side of the new Bistro menu is a "tasting for two" with rack of lamb and chateaubriand (both excellent). but best of all they offer a chocolate souffle that borders on incredible. It's served with a chocoalte Grand Marnier sauce....ummm ummm ummm! I also tried it the classic way, with just globs of freshly whipped cream, spooned into the steaming center...I want some now!

Even if you don't order from the tasting menu, if ask nicely, they'll serve you the souffle.

Now THAT sounds like a great Plan B:p :D

they offer a chocolate souffle that borders on incredible. It's served with a chocoalte Grand Marnier sauce....ummm ummm ummm! I also tried it the classic way, with just globs of freshly whipped cream, spooned into the steaming center...I want some now!

I forgot about that! The wife had it on our last cruise. She doesn't need me any longer!

-Monte

Okay....creme brulee and chocolate soufle!! I have my alternatives and am ready to go. *smile* Since the Wind doesn't have as many selections for restaurants, I think I'll be eating at the Bistro 3 times during the cruise...so I should have plenty of opportunity to try different things.

Lamb is out of the question since I can't look lamb in the face since the Pride of Aloha cruise - long story, but chateaubriand sounds like a great plan!

I did find one old menu - from the POAl - but it only had an apple tart and French lemon tart along with the pastry cart listed along with the fondue.

Emi

The old lamb bibobs are no longer on the menu, but the rack of lamb is more tender than a filet. And the leg of lamb is tender too.. I am not the person who has to have beef every night, a little chicken, fish, lamb, and duck adds spice to life. I find it hard in my small hometown to find these other dishes, I can have beef every night here.

Archived