Thoughts on Enchantment or Inspiration?

Ashlea13vb

I'd love to hear thoughts on the pros/cons of both the Enchantment of the Seas and Carnival's Inspiration - or a preference from those who have cruised both! We will be cruising to celebrate a 30th wedding anniversary for my parents and a *milestone* birthday for my mom - looking at the four-day Western Caribbean itineraries out of either Tampa (Inspiration - Cozumel) or Ft. Lauderdale (Enchantment - Key West, Cozumel).

My parents have never sailed either of these ships before, but have sailed both lines and prefer RCI slightly. I have only sailed Princess, so cannot provide my two cents on this one... which is why I'm turning to the experts!

We want a comfortable experience - looking to have fun, spend time together, and relax. We're not a picky bunch, but would love to hear some opinions before making a decision!

Thanks!

I went on Enchantment before it was refurbished and I thought it was a fabulous ship. My husband and I had a great time. Everything was clean and well maintained, the food was good, there was a lot of things to do, but there was a lot of time to relax as well.

I have never been on a Carnival cruise but from the pictures I have seen, the Carnival ships are much more Las Vegas in appearance than RCI ships. Too much neon and chrome for me :) I think that Carnival had a reputation bac k in the day for being wild ships, but they aren't as bad anymore. From stories I read, though, it seems like they still are a bit more wild than an RCI ship, but it does depend on the people cruising that particular cruise.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Based on everything you said, I'd advise Enchantment. Have not cruised Inspiration, but have been on her sister ships before. They have very dark decor with neon lights.

I cruised Enchantment pre-stretch. I loved her then and I'm sure she's even better now. She's a gorgeous ship, inside and out.

Just got back from Enchantment to Belize in Jan (5 days). I like it better than any I've been on so far, including Holland American's Westerdam. Don't know how it was before "The Stretch" but as it is now, it's perfect.

Thanks for the advice, gang! We decided to book the Enchantment of the Seas... so excited!!

I think you made the right choice. As you can tell, we have only cruised Carnival..but when I was advising a school teacher friend of mine...I recommended the Enchantment because I thought it would be a better fit for she and her husband. That was last October.

They LOVED it.

Have a great cruise!!

Archived