If you get a price reduction, so you need to inform your trip insurance co.?

emd1

I recently got a significant price reduction refund on our cruise. This got me wondering about the impact on our trip insurance, which I booked through a company on insuremytrip.com (not through RCI). Do I need to inform them that the price of the trip went down, and if so, since the price of the insurance is based on price of the cruise, does it imact my insurance cost and could a refund be in order?

Any experience w/this?

Wow, good question, I would think you would have to call your specific insurance company to get the answer. I have never seen anyone post anything about lowering their insurance or even notifying them.

When I got my Diamond discount and a $225.00 coupon applied to my cruise, RCCL lowered the price of my insurance with them right away.

The cheaper the cruise, the cheaper the insurance.;)

I did call and check that with them when I saw it. ;)

I recently got a price reduction for my cruise on AOS in April 2007. I didn't book through RCI but with a website TA. They automatically credited my credit card for my insurance also because the cruise price went down. Not a bad deal!

I recently got a significant price reduction refund on our cruise. This got me wondering about the impact on our trip insurance, which I booked through a company on insuremytrip.com (not through RCI). Do I need to inform them that the price of the trip went down, and if so, since the price of the insurance is based on price of the cruise, does it imact my insurance cost and could a refund be in order?

Any experience w/this?

Hi emd1,

I have a lot of experience with this. insuremytrip (I'm not associated with them) has a lot of plans & depending on the plan you may be able to get a partial refund. All the companies we use let you do this, but the best way to know is to call insuremytrip (since they are your agent) and have them take care of the policy change for you.

I hope this helps.

Great thread!!! I got a huge price reduction for my cruise on the Mariner, plus got my airfare for much cheaper than I anticipated, so I just called Travelex and will now be getting part of my premiums refunded back to me. It didn't even occur to me to contact them about the price difference until I saw this thread.

You learn something new every day here!!! :D

Just fyi, I did call insuremytrip (I bought my CSA policy through them) and I have recd. a decrease in price of $80 for my travel insurance policy due to the price of my cruise going down.

Thanks to all who answered my post. This is great. I got $1700 knocked off the price of my junior suite due to advice here to monitor price every day and call for refund if price goes down, and now have gotten another $80 off the travel insurance! Biggest price coup of my bargain life.

Archived