Sticky Notes on Door??

mousetravel

Does anyone do anything like take sticky notes or dry erase boards to leave messages for friends in another cabin? I've read a few instances where someone would take a stack of sticky notes & leave notes for each other. I was wondering if anyone does this and is it a CRAZY or WEIRD thing to do or is it common?:p

Sticky notes might be okay but I would tell you NOT to take a dry erase board. We did that once for our kids (teens at the time) who were in a different room down the hall and people were leaving some pretty nasty messages on it. We took it down right away.

Sticky notes are not necessary. You can leave a voice message if you cannot reach people on the phone. If you prefer writing, paper is supplied in you cabin and you can, depending whom you want to contact, leave it in your cabin, on under the door of another cabin.

What you might want to tell the steward, can also be done by phone.

To leave a message on your own door to be read by everybody does not seem to be a good idea (see the post above).

No need to carry extra stuff.

Stucky notes aren't a good idea - what happens when kids remove them as they trounce down the hallway? I would leave a voice mail message on their phone, actually put any ifo in their or your 'mail box' that most ships have by cabin door or slip it under their door.

We have taken sticky notes and left messages for each other. We also have used them to leave messages for our room steward and for each other.

Thats what we do too.I don't want to waste time waiting around for our room steward and I hate calling him for a minor thing that we want done. Works great for us! I don't leave them on the door but on the mirror inside the room. Any messages for friends I would leave in my "mailbox" or in theirs.

Laura

Thats what we do too.I don't want to waste time waiting around for our room steward and I hate calling him for a minor thing that we want done. Works great for us! I don't leave them on the door but on the mirror inside the room. Any messages for friends I would leave in my "mailbox" or in theirs.

Laura

I leave notes for the room steward on the mirror. That way he/she will always see it.

For friends I use voice mail. For Room Steward, I leave a sticky note on the mirror. Mine told me he always looks for notes left by people and the stickys are his favorite beacuse he can see them when he walks in. He can adjust his timeing to include what extra I want.

I always thought the sticky notes were unnecessary until I cruised with my whole family. It would have been so nice just to leave a note on the door. Even though we had adjoining balconies, we did not do everything together and I think it would have been a plus, and much easier and quicker than voice mail if you ask me. If traveling with a group, I would definately bring them. They don't take up much room and could come in really handy.

Karla

Archived