Looking for hotel with FREE 7 days parking in FLL

Details

Nothing near the port with free parking for the week. There are however, two hotels that offer parking as well as transport to the port and free breakfast. Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania and LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood.

Any idea re: cost? We can park for "free" at friends home in Pompano, but prefered to not bother them. If we could find a place close to port with free parking, it would be idea. We have a reservation at "Sleep Inn" for the 14th, but at the time of booking I thought it included free parking. From what I've read on this board, it will cost the same to park there as it would the pier. If that is the case, we might be better off leaving car in Pompano and cabbing it back and forth to pier. Thanks for your response.

How much will the cab cost to get you back and forth to your "free" parking in Pompano. How much would it cost to just park at the pier. And when you call the Sleep Inn, how much do they say their parking will cost?

How much will the cab cost to get you back and forth to your "free" parking in Pompano. How much would it cost to just park at the pier. And when you call the Sleep Inn, how much do they say their parking will cost?

I called "Sleep Inn" and cost to park is $7./day. I think we will still go with this option as I believe cab fare will be about equal two ways between Port Everglades and Pompano Beach. I believe parking at the pier is $9/day, so i believe this is our cheapest option. Thanks for the help.

Diane

Nothing near the port with free parking for the week. There are however, two hotels that offer parking as well as transport to the port and free breakfast. Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania and LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood.

I'm retracting what I posted, parking is NOT free at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania. If your cruising 5 days or less it's $10 a day, 7 days or less it's $7 a day. IMHO it's not worth it, bit of a rip off. Go with the LaQuinta in Hollywood.

I'm retracting what I posted, parking is NOT free at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania. If your cruising 5 days or less it's $10 a day, 7 days or less it's $7 a day. IMHO it's not worth it, bit of a rip off. Go with the LaQuinta in Hollywood.

Hi Bequia!

I guess we will still stick with our reservation at Sleep Inn in Dania. I booked this about a month ago and got a AAA rate of $134./night. Even with their parking rate of $7./night it will cost us less than I could get today at La Quinta. Their nightly AAA rate today was $193.50. So even without the free parking, Sleep Inn will cost us less. I thank you for all the help you provide on this board. It is deeply appreciated. Thanks again!

Diane

One other thing......

When I checked the La Quinta hotel in Hollywood, they offered shuttles to Port Everglades on Friday and Saturday. No mention of Sunday, which is the day we needed. I hope this info. helps others.

Beware of Parking With United Airport Parking!

We had reservations to park with United Airport Parking for our cruise on Feb. 4th ($69.32). They advertise to be at parking 10 - 15 minutes before you desire to be at port. When we arrived cars were parked all over the street in front of their building. There was nobody parking cars in their lot. When entering there was one women behind the counter trying to help a couple that had reserved a rental car from them. She did not know where the rental car was and was on the phone trying to get help to find the car.They had waited for over an hour at the port for the United van to pick them up. There was another man with reservations waiting for her to help him. We waited 45 minutes for the woman to finish with the couples reservation and to get to us. During this time no van arrived to take any of us to the port. We asked the woman when the van would be there and she said " I can't tell you, if I give you a time and they aren't here you will be mad". We were now down to 30 minutes before we had to be on the ship. The other gentleman and I cancelled our reservations and returned to the port and parked in the port garage. ($12.00 per day)

My refund was short over $6.00 for a cancellation charge and they refuse to credit me with the remainder. United blames the delay that day on slow security at the port because it was Super Bowl Day in Miami. But we had entered the port with no wait at all and dropped of our luggage and when we returned to the port went right in with no more than 2 -3 minutes wait. Why had not a van returned form the port in 45 minutes if we could enter the port, go to their parking lot and return in around a hour? I would also hope that they had more than one van operating.

To sum up my experience, pay the $12.00 per day and not have to depend on the undependable!

Bigdvainfl

Archived