The Ritz Carlton San Juan

pholter

Has anyone ever stayed there? Looks too good to be true! We have found out that it costs us 11000 less rewards points to book this hotel than the Marriott even though this hotel costs about $200 + more per night- go figure :)

I've looked at their menus online and we definitely can't afford to eat at the hotel- continental breakfast $18 (ouch!)... Does anyone know any reasonably priced restaurants in that hotel vicinity for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner?

Also, does anyone know their going rate for a foo foo drink? My guess is about $10-$12 based on their food prices. Do they have a swim up bar? I can't find enough information on their website explaining these things...

We are using this hotel as our Post Cruise stay in October.

Thanks so much everyone! ;)

How about- does anyone know which other hotels might be next door or across the street, so we'd be able to obtain some refreshments that are affordable? I was able to verify that yes, their drinks range from $10-$16 each!!! Good thing the room is free I suppose.

Thanks!

Pholter

There are several places within walking distance (maybe a block or two, possibly three). You can try the Metropol (across the street) for Lunch & Dinner. Really good and reasonable prices.

A great place is Sonny's located on Amapole street-at the end, across from the Empress. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Deck right on the water and prices are very good. Also has a bar, the Blue Dolphin. There is Lupis in the same area. A sports bar/restaurant that looks popular.

Dont think there are $16 drinks at these places.

Hope this helps

Thank you sooooo much Frank! This is very helpful :)

I found this link after doing a search for the Metropol that might be helpful to others looking for food and drink anywhere in the San Juan area, too.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2550626-san_juan_restaurants_and_bars-i;_ylt=AhSgtIIJLxO0krI3p628OpMPF2oL

You'll find everything expensive at the Ritz Carltons, from dining to drinks. The Ritz Carlton chain is one of the more costly and wonderful chains out there. Are you sure you want to stay at a hotel where you won't be happy with the prices? In my experience staying at various Ritz Carltons, the foo foo drinks are about $12 to $15 and the beer is about $5 and up.

I'll be staying at the Ritz Carlton San Juan on the night prior to our Princess cruise in October so I can let you know how it is when I return.

Thanks and I'll be looking forward to your review. We are only staying there because the hotel itself is paid for by rewards points.... I can pay the prices, but I really refuse to pay double and triple for something when I don't have to... I'm an accountant! :)

Yep - all taxes and resort fees are included. Once I visited their website and found all the prices, I called and checked. Otherwise we'd be paying $100 per night just in taxes and fees!!! Please enjoy your stay in luxury and keep in mind budget tips for those in need :) Thanks for all your help!

if you have enough points try to get into their club level, I used my points to get a room there about 3 weeks ago. You have to use more points for the club level but you get the following:

a room in thier top floor

access to the Club at the top floor, which has 5 food presentation during the day. If you get this you really don't need to expend any money anywhere else. they have nice continental breakfast (no eggs but everything else you can think off for breakfast) , a mid-morning menu of finger food and sandwishes. A light menu for lunch, a mid afternoon snack presentation and a late night snack menu. They offer wine, drinks, cofee, etc. etc. All of it ins included in the menu. Since only people who are in the Club level have a special key that open up the elavators to that floor. as long as you are in that floor you can access the club and have all the food you want there, The club also has the most amazing view of the pool area and the beach. You can seat there all day (they have two small balconies) , read the papers, play some table games etc etc.

the pool in the ritz does not have a swim up bar , however there is one by the beach and there are people around that will get you a drink (watch for the prices). The hotel is awesome, the service is , ....well Ritz. There is a wine bar that is beautifull that open at 6pm and has a very nice pool table. You can have an after diner drink there or coffe and play pool if you like that. Best Hotel in the island base on service.

Club level a great way to use your points. :)

I love staying on the club floor at the Ritz Carltons and that's what we usually do. They're closing the club floor for about 3 weeks in October, right when we're there of course, so we can't stay on the floor for that stay.

Oh well.

Will you be there when we are??? Precruise October 16th and Postcruise October 24th. Love to meet another CC'r... Woo Hoo!!! Just found out that our Prestige Award Points also cover breakfast there... I'm a happy camper:D

Will you be there when we are??? Precruise October 16th and Postcruise October 24th. Love to meet another CC'r... Woo Hoo!!! Just found out that our Prestige Award Points also cover breakfast there... I'm a happy camper:D

We'll be checking in on October 23rd and checking out on October 24th!

What cruise ship will you be taking? We're on the Golden Princess from 10/24 through 10/31.

And don't bother checking into the club floor for your stay, it's closed from 10/15 through 10/31.

We are on the Destiny from the 17th-24th.... We'll have to meet for a $15 Margarita poolside on the 24th :) :) We'll be checking in probably around 11am is my guess since we'll be going straight there from the ship.

We are on the Destiny from the 17th-24th.... We'll have to meet for a $15 Margarita poolside on the 24th :) :) We'll be checking in probably around 11am is my guess since we'll be going straight there from the ship.

We may be two ships passing in the night as we'll be leaving around 11 am to go to our cruise!! Maybe we'll see each other at the front desk.

Archived