Monarch Review 2/23/07

We are 6 gals ages 18, 31, 42, 45, 59 and 60. We booked this cruise just for a fun party weekend. 4 of us flew from Seattle to Long Beach.(Other 2 live in CA). We stayed at Comfort Suites in Long Beach. Not the best hotel but close to stores etc. Good enough for 1 night. Staff was friendly. Friend drove us to pier around 11. We were on board by 12. My room was obstructed view #8572. Nice room but very small. No shower pressure. You can really hear the dueling pianos bar from this location. Room steward good. Had 6pm dinner. Waiters friendly but a little frazzled. They just work so hard. I personally prefer late sitting but it wasn't available. Shows and comedians were real good. Did not care for the new cruise director Johnny O. Really bad karoke. The Quest was a blast. Food was just ok. Ensenada-We went to Papas and Beers. We all did shots which is a show in itself! Good place to go if you like the party scene. 18 year old had her 1st Tequila experience. She actually threw up on a lady on the bus back to ship. The lady was a good sport about it. This is the smallest ship I have ever been on but I still liked it. RCCL did mess up our dinner reservations. They had us in different dining rooms. They fixed it no problem though.

They also had us departing in different groups. We just waited til last and slept in a little as our flight was at 2pm. We paid $36 for a Taxi to airport.

Overall had a great time. Would go again for the right price and maybe when it was a little warmer. I have also been on the Paradise and would probably pick that ship over the Monarch if I had to choose.

Any questions feel free to email vivalv66@comcast.net

Happy Cruising!

Sherry

My room was obstructed view #8572. Nice room but very small... You can really hear the dueling pianos bar from this location.

I'm confused about this... I have never stayed in that cabin, but with cabins above, beside and below you I wonder how the noise got thru. Was it only at specific times you heard noise? I have stayed in 8062/8064 and heard nothing.

Heard it 2nd and 3rd nights. They started at 11:30 3rd night. We were in cabin about midnight and could clearly hear the Pianos. The 2nd night I wasn't sure what it was. Figured it out after seeing them play. It is a small ship. Others down the hall heard them too. We were so tired we fell asleep fast anyway.

Heard it 2nd and 3rd nights. They started at 11:30 3rd night. We were in cabin about midnight and could clearly hear the Pianos. The 2nd night I wasn't sure what it was. Figured it out after seeing them play. It is a small ship. Others down the hall heard them too. We were so tired we fell asleep fast anyway.

bummer! :(

I'm confused about this... I have never stayed in that cabin, but with cabins above, beside and below you I wonder how the noise got thru. Was it only at specific times you heard noise? I have stayed in 8062/8064 and heard nothing.

Was 8062/8064 connecting cabins? And if so do you think they would be big enough for 5? We are going in Jan.08 and have connecting cabins on the 8th deck Trying to see if they are going to be big enough or should we upgrade to a suite. Thanks!

Was 8062/8064 connecting cabins? And if so do you think they would be big enough for 5? We are going in Jan.08 and have connecting cabins on the 8th deck Trying to see if they are going to be big enough or should we upgrade to a suite. Thanks!

Don't know about the connecting cabins but I can tell you the cabins are very small.

louanne, all you have to do is look at the deck plans online:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=MR&shipCode=MN&shipProfile=1073&sailDate=1070309&hasNavigation=false

Yes, there was room for 5... which is what we had on that cruise. The two bathrooms made it nice. :D

We just left the connecting door open and "presto" we had a 244 sq ft cabin with two bathrooms at a fraction of the price of a suite. :)

Archived