? about dress for mariner & roll call get togethers

Getting ready for our 2nd & 3rd HAL cruises. I know there will be Mariner and roll call get togethers. Just curious what style of dress is acceptable? Is the Mariner party dressy-on formal night, or is it casual on another day??

Also, does anyone know for back-to-back cruises on the same ship, do you receive 2 different tiles, or will they be the same?

Thanks! :)

Our Mariner Gathering has always been on a formal night/ or a dress night. Our Roll call gathering was done on our 2nd afternoon (our port was Key West) and all of us were returning from visits, so we were all in comfortable clothing. I do have a great picture of our group and treasure it as a reminder of a great cruise.

Linda

We have been to mariners meetings that were held in the early afternoon. Thankfully, most are on a formal night so we all look great.

All iof the roll call meetings I have ever been to have been quite casual.

It can vary on time of day scheduled, size of group, etc. Our CC Group cocktail party on the Zaandam was held on an Informal Night in the Explorer's Lounge. Most dressed according to the Informal Night code. For pictures, click HERE.

However, at our CC Roll Call on the Noordam in January of this year there were so MANY of us, and it was held in the early afternoon, I think, and hence the clothing worn varied greatly. However, as you can see from these pictures, it was mostly casual daytime wear at the roll call.

The only Mariner Reception I have attended was around lunch time on a sea day and there weren't many people who were dressed past the casual stage. CC meetings are, for the most part, casual...like ours will be next week! :D

Most of the Mariners Parties are now held late morning. You see mostly dockers and polo jerseys on the gentlemen (though some wear a sports jacket ---most do not). Ladies wear sundresses, slacks and nice blouse/jersey. Some folks come in shorts and t-shirts (Caribbean cruises) but I don't think most do.

On all of our back-to-back cruises, we have always gotten the same tile both segments.....and are happy to get them. :)

Have a great cruise. You are going to LOVE turnaround day when you don't have to leave.

It can vary on time of day scheduled, size of group, etc. Our CC Group cocktail party on the Zaandam was held on an Informal Night in the Explorer's Lounge. Most dressed according to the Informal Night code. For pictures, click HERE.

However, at our CC Roll Call on the Noordam in January of this year there were so MANY of us, and it was held in the early afternoon, I think, and hence the clothing worn varied greatly. However, as you can see from these pictures, it was mostly casual daytime wear at the roll call.

I always love looking at your photos, Rev. Neal! Question for you: What does everyone have hanging on their CC lanyards? Looks too big to be a room card. Was it a special thing for your Cruise Critic group?

Thanks! ;)

innlady

I always love looking at your photos, Rev. Neal! Question for you: What does everyone have hanging on their CC lanyards? Looks too big to be a room card. Was it a special thing for your Cruise Critic group?

Thanks! ;)

innlady

I agree with you about his photos.:) And it's really neat to be able to grab some of them as memories of my cruise.

So, to answer about the lanyards---Greg had made up name tags for each of us on that cruise. It's the Cruise Critic logos, our name, board name, maybe a few other little cutsie things, too. ;)

He also made up larger door signs that were the Cruse Critic logos, and our board names. There was a note to the effect Come visit me at cruisecritic.com, or something close to that.

He laminated everything, too! :D

I keep my nametag in my carry-on so I'll have it every cruise from here on out.

Archived