Transatlantic Nov' 2007

No534

So when are our Sea Dreamers heading across the pond to embark on SD2?

Wishing you all bon voyage and safe travels!

Blimey, it really is here!!! I'd better start packing........("Tempus fugit", as one might say....!!!!) :eek: :D

If Delta is ready when I am, I'll be heading out Thursday afternoon and arriving on Tenerife early Friday afternoon. I'm staying at a small hotel in the town of La Oratova with at least 5 others who will be with me on SD2 for the Crossing.

It won't be long before our onboard postings begin.

If Delta is ready when I am, I'll be heading out Thursday afternoon and arriving on Tenerife early Friday afternoon. I'm staying at a small hotel in the town of La Oratova with at least 5 others who will be with me on SD2 for the Crossing.

It won't be long before our onboard postings begin.

Those of us who are landlocked await those postings!

Also, would you be so kind ctbjr and post the link to the blog from the ship? You know, the one with all the wonderful photos!

Also, would you be so kind ctbjr and post the link to the blog from the ship? You know, the one with all the wonderful photos!

I will check the first set of photos and if they are suitable for viewing will be happy to post the link. I know that you'll see some familiar faces and maybe a shot of FT's favorite pumpkin lobster bisque.

I will check the first set of photos and if they are suitable for viewing will be happy to post the link. I know that you'll see some familiar faces and maybe a shot of FT's favorite pumpkin lobster bisque.

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and perhaps FT's pumpkin lobster bisque:D

I am sure all of the photos will be suitable for viewing!

Or you can be like ctbjr and pack at the last minute:p

When do you head to TEN No534?

LoL! We fly out from London with BA on Friday morning ad are looking forward to a scenic drive through the mountains. And like ctbjr, my packing will be done at the last minute.

However, my ironing will be placed in those magic bags once I'm on board..... :D

Have a safe flight and see you on board!

LoL! We fly out from London with BA on Friday morning ad are looking forward to a scenic drive through the mountains. Have a safe flight and see you on board!

I was originally on that BA flight but BA decided that a 50 minute connection at Gatwick made sense and I disagreed. As a result, I'm now flying Delta to Barcelona and then into the North airport at Tenerife.

Have a safe and uneventful trip. Will look forward to seeing you on board also.

greetings from denver.....

....where it is sunny and warm, great for eating and drinking in the outdoor cafes!

I leave here tomorrow morning and if all connections are go I'll arrive Thursday morning in Tenerife. Very excited, so much looking forward to this great crossing with old and new friends. I've come up with a name for the blog and will post it from Hotel Rural Victoria when ctbjr arrives and can add his words of wisdom and experience.

Safe travels to all who will be flying to Tenerife in the next four days!!

alita

We posted at exactly the same moment! I think that augurs very well for the dynamics aboard dear SD II....

Seems rather scary to me but not as scary as my being counted on to contribute words of wisdom and experience.

alita, I hope that you have a safe and uneventful trip and look forward to seeing you Friday afternoon. You are in charge of finding an appropriate spot for Friday dinner and will be our designated translator. My Spanish vocabulary is limited to: si, no, bano and cerveza which pretty well covers most of my needs but does limit my ordering at meal time. See you soon.

ctbjr

Archived