Airfare up this year?

Hello everyone, I have felt the need for a nice weekend break out of town and starting checkin out eh Majesty and Soverign over the next few months. I have been looking at air the past couple off weeks and really seems high this year which kind of blows it for a short 3 night vacation (this time of year the max to take off work). Is it just my luck or is airfare really up this year? Is it just a higher time of the year to fly? I have flown to Orlando and Miami this time of year before but really see no good deals and seems to be almost twice as high as in the past. Anyone else noticed higher air prices this year?

Hello everyone, I have felt the need for a nice weekend break out of town and starting checkin out eh Majesty and Soverign over the next few months. I have been looking at air the past couple off weeks and really seems high this year which kind of blows it for a short 3 night vacation (this time of year the max to take off work). Is it just my luck or is airfare really up this year? Is it just a higher time of the year to fly? I have flown to Orlando and Miami this time of year before but really see no good deals and seems to be almost twice as high as in the past. Anyone else noticed higher air prices this year?

I have been checking prices to return to Las Vegas to see friends and neighbors we left behind. The prices are so far above anything I have ever paid on any of our many flights back and forth.

For the flights I wanted on American, they wanted way over $2000.00. Once I got done laughing, I left that site and I will continue to check other sites often.

I know fuel has gone up but the prices seem totally ridiculous to me. Our gasoline has gone up at least 30 cents in a week and a half where we live.:mad:

I wanted to fly into New Orleans to visit my dad it was $1700 for a flight I usually pay about $150 for. :eek: And this was not around Mardi Gras.

We still haven’t booked our flights for our cruise yet. I’m hoping the prices come down during that small window where demand for fuel is down. It’s a gamble since I need to buy 8 plane tickets!

I'm flying from Ireland through London and on to Tampa for a Transatlantic cruise in April so I only needed a one way ticket. I was quoted €1,100 for a one way with British Airways. I then asked for the same flight with a return flight and the price dropped to €550 - go figure!!!

BTW - the plane will be coming home with one empty seat!!!:)

There are still some good deals to be found, depending on what carriers fly out of your local airport. I was able to get round trip air from Philly to Fort Lauderdale on SW for $49 each way ($118 total after taxes). And I got the same $49 fare one way to Orlando. Now I'm just waiting for SW to release their next round of fares so I can book my return trip from Orlando back to Philly - and hoping they have a $49 fare available again.

And I've seen Ding! fares from SW for as low as $29 each way - which is just crazy!!!

I'm flying from Ireland through London and on to Tampa for a Transatlantic cruise in April so I only needed a one way ticket. I was quoted €1,100 for a one way with British Airways. I then asked for the same flight with a return flight and the price dropped to €550 - go figure!!!

BTW - the plane will be coming home with one empty seat!!!:)

Good for you. ;)

I would have done the exact same thing. :D Many people here in the states do that too if they find a round trip ticket cheaper than a one way. ;)

Hi Snowball - When are you flying to Florida and when did you book? :rolleyes: That sounds like a great deal!!! :D

I'm flying to FLL in May, and to Orlando in late August. I booked a week or two ago, but the $49 fares were still there when I checked earlier today. I couldn't believe those fares when I found them - they were much better than I expected to find! :D

Actually I think there are some GREAT deals right now.......but it helps to have Southwest in your market.........AA and Southwest seem to be going at it right now, especially out of Dallas........location I guess is everything.

just booked to buffalo to fll (roundtrip) in august for 184. pp. As previously mentioined check out sidestep. I did and then went directly to the airline website and booked it even cheaper.

Archived