Which FP ports do you have to tender?

MVPinBoynton

Yes you are quite correct Mike. Huahine we tendered also Raratonga, Bora Bora and Moorea. We were lucky the sea was dead calm and it was so easy. With a small ship there were no queues at all. The tenders run all day in these ports and you can return for lunch if you want and then go out again.

Jennie.

Thanks so much for the quick response Jennie. Our other ports are Rangiroa and the Marquesas which I know are tender ports. With this size ship and the relaxed environment, I would expect the tendering to be a pleasure. Plus the pictures from the tender are great. I always enjoy taking pictures of the ships anchored in the port.

• 1 month later...

The ships are all relatively small and the tendering process is very orderly. The distance from the ship to the dock is not great and the ride is short. Aside from Papeete, there is usually just one ship in port.

The Paul Gauguin also tenders in Raiatea, docking only at Papeete. Although they have 1 wheelchair accessible stateroom, they make it clear that a wheelchair bound person may not be able to make it off at any other port. A lovely older woman was onboard the week of 8/28 with a capable young woman assisting her. I think she made it off the ship everywhere! The crew was extremely helpful, even helping to push her through the sand on the private Radisson Motu at Tahaa for the picnic lunch.

Archived