Onboard Pride of Aloha RIGHT NOW

WeR3Angels

Tomorrow is our last day aboard and we can't say enough good things. Still a few minor problems such as dining, however, the specialty restaurants are OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Will give everyone all of the details upon my return - but all and all, everyone is very very friendly and helpful and we can't really complain.

Gotta RUN - Aloha

Gardencat...I had heard that one operation plan of NCL was to have employees work on the ship from the particular island the ship was docked for the day or overnight. Similar to someone reporting to work in a land hotel, restaurant, etc. I wonder if those "day workers" have started their jobs and I wonder if they then did not need their Coast Guard card.

Any thoughts?

LouChamp

Wow, if the rules allow them to do that it sounds to me like it would be a great idea. At least in the short term, it could help solve some of the cabin cleaning problems . I'm not sure it would work so well in the dinning rooms where I'm not so sure how well you could use part time staff like that but, having everyone finding clean cabins, linens etc. when they return from port sounds like it would be an improvement and may make things more comfortable and pleasant for the passengers.

It opens up more questions about how these people would be paid and what happens to the 'service charge' under these conditions but at this point I think ( in my opinion) NCLA needs to do something to improve conditions for their paying passengers, and to take some of the load off their on ship employees.

Im excited to hear your all about your trip also. Id like to know what your options are at each port if you dont want to book a tour. Are there things to do within walking distance of the ship or is transportation a must to get anywhere?

glad the trip went well, and that you had a great time. It still bothers ME, and note, I said ME, to have to pay to eat in the speciality resturants to get a good meal. I will be on the second charter, which leaves on 8-8, the first full charter leaves today, Sun., and I am anxious to see what reviews they have to say, and how, and if things have improved. Both of these full charters, 8-1 and 8-2 will be somewhat differfent in that they will have their own special entertainment on board, and staff from the agency on board to help address any problems or concerns. I will definitely post my review upon my return, the Good as well as the Bad, if any.

and staff from the agency on board to help address any problems or concerns.

I'm anxious to see how this cruise goes too and to hear if having professional representatives on board to speak up for the passengers as a group, will make any difference to how the problems (if there are any) are handled.

Archived