Southern Caribbean clothing question

Canuck Cruzer

I know there was a thread (heck probably lots) but I can't seem to find it...might be that I can't keep my eyes open any longer tonight.

Anyway, I'm leaving Thursday morning for San Juan..then onto the Crown. Figured I better start thinking of packing.

I've been watching the temperatures...seems pretty warm at night. Will I ever need a sweatshirt? I've read it can get cool in the dining rooms, but curious about general out and about around the ship at night.

Any help is appreciated.

Just back from So. Carib in Feb. We found the temps onboard comfortable but saw women with scarfs etc. in the dining rooms. We took light nylon windbreakers and I wore mine once on an early morning walk. Daytime temps. in the 80's mostly. Hope this helps. Bill

We were there in December and it was very windy some evenings ~ we were glad to have a jacket or sweater to use walking the outside decks especially. I also like to have a nice wrap to use in the lounges and dining rooms. Wish we were going back! Have a great cruise!!

Thanks! I wasn't going to bring anything...sounds like I should. I definitely needed one on the only other cruise I've been on...out of Galveston.

Just seems the temps. were that much warmer from start to finish for this trip.

Thanks again!

The Crown is generally comfortable in the public areas (and I am cold natured), but I did notice some cold spots here and there. I would recommend taking something light just in case. You probably don't need a sweatshirt though. The decks could be cool at night in the wind, but were always fine out of the wind. At mutts they give you a warm blanket. Very comfy!

I see that you're from Alberta. Canada I presume? You won't be cold in the Southern Caribbean this time of year unless the a/c gets to you on the ship. Walking outside in the wind at night might also be a little cool. I'm from Fla., and I've seldom thought it was too cold to walk around the outside of the ship in the Southern Caribbean. But have frozen my butt off in some of the public rooms inside the ship!! :eek: A sweater or windbreaker should be more than adequate.

Just got off the Sea Princess on Saturday, from a 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise.

Except for "cold spots" in various places around the ship, the temps were very comfortable. In the ports daytimes were in the low to mid 80s, evenings comfortable both on deck and inside. I usually took a pashmina when we went to the dining room, the buffet, and the theaters, so I could cover my arms in the cool areas.

The nights were warm enough that we slept with the balcony door every single night. I loved getting up early (5 AM or so), going out on the balcony in just my summer sleepwear, and watching the progression of dawn and sunrise. Even with the breeze created by the ship's forward movement, I did not need a robe or other cover-up.

Hope you have as nice weather as we did - no rain in 14 days. Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived