Clothes for port days???

I searched this forum, but it said no results, so I wanted to ask...I'm leaving in 2 days :) for my very first cruise and I'm not sure what to wear on port days...I will have my bathing suit on under, but I also want to take pictures too, so I dont just want to wear my coverup (terry dress)...any suggestions? what does everyone wear that is both beach friendly yet shopping/exploring friendly?

I searched this forum, but it said no results, so I wanted to ask...I'm leaving in 2 days :) for my very first cruise and I'm not sure what to wear on port days...I will have my bathing suit on under, but I also want to take pictures too, so I dont just want to wear my coverup (terry dress)...any suggestions? what does everyone wear that is both beach friendly yet shopping/exploring friendly?

In the Caribbean, it doesn't really matter. I've literally seen people in the shops in St. Thomas in their bikini's shopping for jewelry.

With that, I typically just wear a t-shirt/casual shirt on top and shorts for the bottom over my swimsuit to get to/from the beach. Plus this does nice double duty if you want to stop somewhere en route.

Hi:) daytime attire is casual. Bathing suits with coverups,

shorts and t's, sundresses, skirts with tops, etc. You will see all of these

during the day.

Enjoy your cruise:)

As previous posters mentioned, anything goes in the Caribbean.

I usually wear sundresses with my bikinis at port.

If we have a more active excursion, I will wear board shorts and a tank top with my bathing suit.

You want to be comfortable, so just make sure that you have something to put your wet bathing suit in (or wait until your suit is dry) if you are going to sightsee afterwards.....you don't want a soggy bottom! I always hate the feeling of wet shorts (from wet bathing suits).

Have a great time!:)

In the Caribbean, it doesn't really matter. I've literally seen people in the shops in St. Thomas in their bikini's shopping for jewelry.

As previous posters mentioned, anything goes in the Caribbean.

You know, that really isn't true. There are quite a few islands where the social mores dictate that some degree of modesty is expected, especially the British islands. Shopping in a bikini is not necessarily accepted on every island.

A sundress or shorts and a t-shirt or sleeveless top will be fine.

You know, that really isn't true. There are quite a few islands where the social mores dictate that some degree of modesty is expected, especially the British islands. Shopping in a bikini is not necessarily accepted on every island.

A sundress or shorts and a t-shirt or sleeveless top will be fine.

I did not mean that wearing a bikini was acceptable.... I just said that pretty much anything goes.....wear what is comfortable, i.e. shorts, sundresses, tees/tanks/, sarongs, capris, linen pants.....

There is no way that I would wear a bathing suit in stores. A bathing suit is meant for the pool or the beach........if going elsewhere, people should wear a cover up.

The Caribbean people are quite conservative on most islands so IMO a bikini - or brief top - is very inappropriate.

I wear a cotton skirt and tank or sundress and sandals. I do not like to stay in a wet suit so I carry mine and change in the facilities provided.

I specifically said I saw it in St. Thomas only, no where else. And these are the stores that are directly adjacent to the pier, not in Charlotte Amelie itself. I'm presuming it is people who were coming back from the beaches that decided to stop in the stores before heading back on board.

May be inappropriate, but it always happens, just like the buffet lines! LOL:D

I love light cotton, drawstring capris with tank or t-shirt. They are light enough where you won't be too warm, very comfortable and can cover up a sunburn from the beach. I take a short sleeve shirt if going to the beach in case the shoulders burn! :D

I specifically said I saw it in St. Thomas only, no where else. And these are the stores that are directly adjacent to the pier, not in Charlotte Amelie itself. I'm presuming it is people who were coming back from the beaches that decided to stop in the stores before heading back on board.

Hi:) ..the dock area, Havensight is probably where you saw it.

Been there many times and yep, that part of the pier you will

see everything.

People get off the ships and if they want to shop without going

into town, Havensight is it. Stores and more stores;)

An internet cafe is right there too...much cheaper than the ship's

prices.

Archived