repeat cruisers discount???

C-foxatsea

I hope this is not an inappropriate question but....I am going on my first cruise in April (the Fascination). I want to book a cruise in August (Imagination) for myself and two kids, but I have heard that people who are repeat cruisers often get a discount for future cruises. My question is, do I wait to book this cruise until after I get back in April for the discount, or is it not much of a discount worth waiting for? Or do you not get anything after just one cruise? Or is just a better room instead of an actual discount on the price? I am getting nervous waiting to book this cruise, but at the same time any little amount knocked off the price helps since I am a divorced mom. If there is no price discount then I want to book ASAP. Thanks for an information from seasoned cruisers!! :o

I think the past guest rate is a good deal....sometimes it's cash off and category upgrades. I think your past guest number is assigned after you cruise.....so you can't book the second and get the discount now. It's possible to book now and when you get your past guest number, calll back to see if there is a past guest rate offered and if so get your rate reduced.

I booked my October 07 cruise after getting off my October 06 cruise..........it was too far in advance for specials so it was the straight up rate. I just kept on checking back............the past guest rates were released a couple weeks ago it ended knocking off an additional $100ish/person on an 8 day Miracle.

I just started trying to book and the only sales in the last 2 weeks have been upgrades, higher decks primarily.

Since yesterday I have been seeing on a few dates in September on the shorter cruises only a upgrade from 4A to 5A at the stated price on 4 and 5 day cruises only (not on 7 day cruises).

Iv looked for 2 weeks with the past guest code and no discounts, same rates. I put down a deposit, but hoping for a discount in the future before I have to pay the final payment on the cruise.

The one day biggest ever sale if you put in that code, it cost $100 more than the advertised starting prices but gave you from 4A to 5A on 7 days, but if its $100 extra, it was not a free upgrade imo.

I check every day lol, hoping to save a little off the price.

Iv been putting in every code I have and so far not finding any discounts. Still hoping.

Do you get a past cruisers number while you are on board, or is that something you receive in the mail?

I am looking at booking the Conquest for April 2008. I sailed on her in August of 2005(Hurricane Katrina was knocking on our back door). Anyways we are receiveing 200.00 off per person for a cat 4G deck 10:D

Do you get a past cruisers number while you are on board, or is that something you receive in the mail?

Call Carnival after you cruise and tell them you are thinking of booking another, ask to see if you have a past guest number(give it a couple weeks). Then in time you'll read here when there are sales on and you can punch in the code to check some things for yourself.

I just cruised on 3-1-07, and I called Carnival about the past guest #. They said to give it about 3 to 4 weeks, then try to register your past guest # by logging into your Carnival acct. profile and entering your zip code and DOB. I asked about what kind of benefits your get being a past cruiser, and he said it varies from cruise to cruise, but most commonly it is a 2 level upgrade or a $50-$100 on board credit. I met a few past cruisers on my recent cruise and they got the 2 level upgrade and $50 on-board credit.

I hope this is not an inappropriate question but....I am going on my first cruise in April (the Fascination). I want to book a cruise in August (Imagination) for myself and two kids, but I have heard that people who are repeat cruisers often get a discount for future cruises. My question is, do I wait to book this cruise until after I get back in April for the discount, or is it not much of a discount worth waiting for? Or do you not get anything after just one cruise? Or is just a better room instead of an actual discount on the price? I am getting nervous waiting to book this cruise, but at the same time any little amount knocked off the price helps since I am a divorced mom. If there is no price discount then I want to book ASAP. Thanks for an information from seasoned cruisers!! :o

I have always found that the prices offered on *****.com are better than the Past Guest prices from the Cruise Lines. In fact, when I pointed this out to the agent at Princess last year, he said "If you can get it at that price, you should book it" So I did, and saved $400 off the Past Guest offer!

I'm taking my parents on the 8 day southern Miracle.....

when I booked their cabin a year out......no specials $2118 for a extended balcony

a month or so later I fought for 1 day sale pricing........$1798 (I refused the full upgrade because I booked early to get specific cabins)

And recently they added the past guest rates..........$1658 (again I refused the category upgrade part).

So the past guest is upgrade to 8I(?) and $460 off for the cabin.

On 4 cabins for 7 people....past guest on 3 along with my Military rate, took $2000 of my overall bill.

I have always found that the prices offered on *****.com are better than the Past Guest prices from the Cruise Lines. In fact, when I pointed this out to the agent at Princess last year, he said "If you can get it at that price, you should book it" So I did, and saved $400 off the Past Guest offer!

I just checked cruise compete..........it looks like they have all the Miracle sailings EXCEPT mine.......go figure.

On 4 cabins for 7 people....past guest on 3 along with my Military rate, took $2000 of my overall bill.

WOW - is that a record?

I've used my past cruiser rate twice so far. I got $20 off an already cheap cruise. Then I was upgraded on the more expensive 7 day to the Veranda deck (but really for 7 days this one wasn't bad either).

I had this same dilemma...as you can see I am booked for both May and August. If you have a specific date/ship..BOOK NOW! You can always add the past guest rate later but if the price goes up in the mean time you're going to pay more. The past guest rate is generally a substantial discount but on popular/well booked cruises it may not even be offered. The catch is that they offer a certain number of rooms at the discount rate and once they're gone, they are gone. Or at least thats how my PVP explained it. Plus, if the price goes up, so does the PG rate. If you book now at rack rate and the rate goes up $100 and he PG is $100 off you really haven't saved anything.

We've sailed HAL Westerdam twice and this time wanted to book Alaska on the Carnival Spirit. I booked with a travel agent listed here that we've used twice before and asked if we could qualify for the past passenger discount due to the HAL cruises. The TA checked with Carnival. They said to just mail in proof of one of the cruises (copy of ship card, mariner number with HAL). I did this and we got a discount of $330 per person in a category 8I. Definitely worth the time and stamp to send off! I wonder how many people don't even ask for this discount when they've sailed with another line.

Archived