Passport arrived today

Just wanted to let everyone know I received my very first passport today!

I applied on 1/16/07 and the website said it should be delivered about 3/10/07 . . . about 7.5 weeks.

The website was right on, exactly on the estimated delivery date.

I applied on 1/16/07 and the website said it should be delivered about 3/10/07 . . . about 7.5 weeks.

The website was right on, exactly on the estimated delivery date.

Wow, you are one lucky gal. :eek: And one of the very few who have received yours in that amount of time and during that particular time period. Almost all of the posts of people who applied around the same time you applied are seeing their expected dates pushed back daily. I'm so happy and relieved for you.:)

We applied 1/19, our first date to expect delivery was 3/12, pushed back to 3/27, 3/31, 4/1 and now 4/2. :( We showed a travel date of 4/1 on our applications.

How about all of us getting together after the big passport rush and the cruises are out of the way - around the end of April and post into about who received theirs, when, what hoops you had to jump through to get yours, etc.

I wish all who are waiting for their passports the best of luck. And that everyone has a wonderful cruise with whatever documents you end up sailing with. :)

Congratulations... now, if possible, memorize your passport number and date of issue. Hopefully, you will be using it many times in the future!

My wife and I applied toward the end of January and got them both in the mail today! The website was helpful and we even got them 2 days sooner than expected. It took less than 6 weeks. I wish everyone had this luck with passports!

My wife and I applied toward the end of January and got them both in the mail today! The website was helpful and we even got them 2 days sooner than expected. It took less than 6 weeks. I wish everyone had this luck with passports!

Excellent!!

I am wondering if there is more than one facility and it depends on which one it was sent to?

Not to burst any bubbles, but my husband and I both applied on 1/16/07 and the web site just pushed ours back again.

Last friday, the site gave us a 3/12/07 date, this morning (monday) it went back to 3/17/07 for me and 3/20/07 for my husband !!

Called them, was told to call wednesday and have them overnight them since they've had our docs for over 20 days.

We're crossing our fingers, travel date is 3/21/07 !!!!!

Not to burst any bubbles, but my husband and I both applied on 1/16/07 and the web site just pushed ours back again.

Last friday, the site gave us a 3/12/07 date, this morning (monday) it went back to 3/17/07 for me and 3/20/07 for my husband !!

Called them, was told to call wednesday and have them overnight them since they've had our docs for over 20 days.

You mean 20 days over the 6 week time frame right? I just called today to check on mine, I sent in mine on 01/24/07. The website says I will get it on or around 03/24 and I need it in my mailbox by 03/23. The man told me to call next Monday and if it hasn't gone out they will overnight it free of cost. I asked him again if he was positive this would happen and he said he was sure and that I would def. get it by 03/23.

Fantastic news! I'm so happy and relieved for you. :)

As for the question of whether there is more than one processing facility the answer is yes. They are located around the country. We live in the greater Detroit area and ours went to the Chicago processing center. There is one in Charleston, SC, and a few along the east coast plus others.

I called the passport office today at 7am and was on hold until 10am when my call was dropped. :(

So....I called my Representative in DC. :) Our passport arrival date has been pushed past our travel date and we applied weeks before others on the boards who have already received their passports.

My Representative's office is quite busy fielding calls from constituents who are having passport problems. The person I talked with took all of my information ie: SS#, names, DOB, address, etc. She said they were working on the most urgent requests first, but we should hopefully hear something from them yet this week. I don't have any idea what they can do that we can't, but I felt they were my last chance. If I can't get a call through to the passport office what chances did I have of calling a week from my travel date and asking for them to rush it at their expense (as they say to do on the US travel website). She said they were fairly successful in getting passports to travelers in time for their trips and I was giving them a decent amount of time to work on ours.

I followed the procedures, applied in plenty of time, was refused the opportunity to expedite our applications when we originally applied and also last week when I called the passport office and for some reason our delivery dates have changed from 3/12 to past our travel. I feel I've done all I can do at this point and have put it in the hands of someone who at least has a chance of getting someone's attention - something I wasn't able to do.

Good luck to everyone. I'll keep you posted on any progress we make on getting our passports. :)

We applied 1/19 and our original date was 3/12. It's moved 4 times from 3/27 to 3/31 to 4/1 and now to past our travel date.

So, I called my representative's office today after being on hold for over 3 hours and then my call being dropped. (see other post)

Good luck with your call on Wednesday and keep us posted on your progress. :)

Archived