Favorite Eastern Caribbean Excursions

jackchris

I am traveling with a group of 15 on the Dawn 3/22. We have made no advanced plans for shore excursions with NCL so far. We all traveled on the Dawn/Western Caribbean together and picked up cabs at each port and went on our own and had a ball. Of course, we took suggestions from the boards. We are looking for suggestions from beaches, shopping or just about anything to do in the Eastern Caribbean. Please help us with must do/see in the Eastern Caribbean!:)

Thanks,

Liz

St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan, Tortola, Great Stirrup Cay or Samana depending on if we have an itinerary change!

Depends what you like to do. I'm not a shopper but I know MANY go to St. Thomas and ST Maarten just to shop. :D

Have you checked out the port section on this message board? Tons of info there.

I suggest Sunny Liston in St. Thomas if you like an island tour with some beach time $25 pp great fun and a great guy. Did it in Nov. and doing the same tour again in 19 days!

Tortola the Bath's never been going this cruise.

GSC is a basic beach day. Great place if you don't like crowded beaches as I don't get off the tender and take a right walk to that end of the beach great area nice and quick but not a sandy beach more snorkeling.

Can't help with the other ports, never been.

Hope this helps some.

Have fun!!

Depends what you like to do. I'm not a shopper but I know MANY go to St. Thomas and ST Maarten just to shop. :D

Have you checked out the port section on this message board? Tons of info there.

I suggest Sunny Liston in St. Thomas if you like an island tour with some beach time $25 pp great fun and a great guy. Did it in Nov. and doing the same tour again in 19 days!

Tortola the Bath's never been going this cruise.

GSC is a basic beach day. Great place if you don't like crowded beaches as I don't get off the tender and take a right walk to that end of the beach great area nice and quick but not a sandy beach more snorkeling.

Can't help with the other ports, never been.

Hope this helps some.

Have fun!!

Thanks alot. I have heard alot about Sonny Liston. That may be the route to take in St. Thomas. Which beach do you prefer in St. Thomas?

Tortola - book a catamaran trip (www.patouche.com) with Patouche. This was an awesome excursion and the Baths at Virgin Gorda must be seen to be believed.

St. Maarten - try America's cup 12 meter boat racing. It's another incredible experience.

These are two of the best excursions we've EVER done!

• 4 years later...

We are going on the Allure in May would love to see the hidden parts of the islands at St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Anyone have a trust worthy company that they booked with besides using the ships excursions?

• 2 months later...

Check out http://www.islandfuncruises.com for Tortola. (I'm the guy holding the coconut). We booked this catamaran excursion with Captain Nibbs and had an awesome day. Snorkeled at the "Cave" and made a beach stop on a remote island (can't remember the name). We did not do the Baths, as a catamaran to the Baths on Virgin Gorda will depend on what time your ship docks. Have been to the bath on a different cruise. Very nice place to visit. Just sailing through the islands makes for an awesome day. We had a group of 13 and was able to book as a private tour.

We are going on the Allure in May would love to see the hidden parts of the islands at St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Anyone have a trust worthy company that they booked with besides using the ships excursions?

In St.Martin, we took a bus and a truck to a farm and to the highest point, walked down in the forest. Was one of the best ship's excursions! If not offered by the ship, google for it. I don't remember the name of the company.

St.Thomas: Some people take a boat over to St. Johns.

Archived