Celebrity Galaxy

Tizzy

Have never sailed with Celebrity but a number of Caribbean Cruises for 2008 have interesting Itineraries. Could anyone tell me what the Galaxy is like ? I believe it is one of the older ships but a few of the cruises interest us very much. Would love to hear opinions of anyone who has sailed on Galaxy recently.

DH and I were on Galaxy's 11 night Southern Caribbean last month, and we absolutely LOVED it! The ship has new carpeting and upholstery just about everywhere you look, and wonderful new beds in the staterooms. The staff is friendly and professional, the food is good-to-incredible, and, as you said, the itinerary...what's not to like?:)

Before our cruise, I had read some posts that said really awful things about Galaxy being worn-out and needing serious repairs, but I couldn't disagree more. DH & I agree that this was our best cruise (out of 21 cruises).:D

Galaxy is the favorite ship for my wife and I. We are booked again for another cruise. I don't think I'm a shill...not sure what that is...but we enjoyed the ship, the crew, the food, the entertainment, and had a great time. Can't wait for our next cruise!

Bob

We had a wonderful 10 night cruise on the Galaxy this past Feb. The food was fabulous (especially loved the made to order waffle, pancake, and pasta bars-and loved the great sushi bar)

We had wonderful service on board and enjoyed the shows. The itinerary was absolutely fantastic-we loved all the islands with only a few sea days!!!! We chose this ship because of her fantastic itinerary and would certainly do it again.

My husband and I were on a 12 day Caribbean on the Galaxy at the end of Jan . It was really nice. Our second on the Galaxy.

Rumors of it getting disregarded must have hit home. Because there were many updates being done while we were on the ship. There must have been a secret carpeting elf, because we left for dinner one night and when we returned all the hallways had new carpeting laid! Truly amazing! We noticed new furniture and colors in our room as compared to the previous year. All the public rooms were beautiful. Fantastic food and service was friendly and accomodating. The only problem I still noticed in the year span between our cruises was that the windows in the Stratospere (the bar with a view), hadn't been replaced. Many were fogged from broken seals. Since we went there for a couple evening cocktails, we didn't mind too much.

You will really enjoy the cruise. Very laid back and quiet.

Thanks to everyone who replied. It all sounds very positive and I think we will book for the Caribbean in 2008. It will be nice to try a Celebrity Cruise. We have just returned from a Cruise on the Crown Princess. The ship was wonderful but we didn't really enjoy the Cruise as the food wasn't really up to scratch compared to other Cruises we have been on.

There must have been a secret carpeting elf, because we left for dinner one night and when we returned all the hallways had new carpeting laid! Truly amazing!

Wow, that was some bottle of wine you had with dinner:D Sorry, couldn't resist:o

I've been on Galaxy a couple of times, albeit the last time was a couple of years ago. In spite of a lot of negative commentary here on the boards, I and the majority of our Cruise Critic group thought she was a lovely ship. The crew were outstanding (probably the best I have experienced) and I would sail on her again any time.

Phil

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise on the Galaxy in March 06. We love the size and layout of the ship but I'm glad to hear they are doing some updating - did they fix the steamed up windows in the Stratosphere? We'd sail on her again in a heartbeat!!!

Hey Phil,

I knew after rereading my message someone would make a comment about my "after dinner drink" with dinner. Ha :D It did sound silly! But in reality..OUR hallway was recarpeted. The workers were just finishing stapling in some stray ends when we got back. The next day, another section was done. I'd sure like to hire these guys for work around my house! :cool:

It's so nice to read all these great posts about the Galaxy! We're cruising on March 26 and it's good to hear that a lot of the negative comments were either untrue or that things have been taken care of!

Archived