Worst food choice you made on the Conquest

Cinderelli

Ok, fess up! Which food did you try that you really didn't like while on the Conquest?

And, was this a new food for you? Something exotic?

Or one you've tried before, but their version was really different or just plain YUCKY?

:p

The worst of the food on the Conquest, by far, was the chocolate buffet. The best thing they had on my particualr sailing was the sugar-free chocolate cake. This chocolate buffet was really quite a joke in comparrison to what I've experienced on other Carnival ships. Also, the line took over 30 minutes. Ugh.

Taters

Sign me up as a BIG FAN of FISH AND CHIPS (Glory).. we usually eat there for snack/lunch 3 days of the week!

(get your fries from the burger area though, as the Fish&Chip fries are just so-so...perhaps the fish grease thing... who knows)

Tom

Toss up between the chocolate buffet and The Point.

For those who didn't read my trip review back in April, it seems that we had one of the very rare bad meals at the Point. There were no appetizers I liked, the steak was full of gristle, and the salad dressing unbearable.

I had this on the Legend last week. It was disgusting. Three of us ordered it and noone liked it so it wasn't just me.
Hate to hear that. It's been excellent on my past three cruises! Perhaps they spread the pate' on too thickly....it should be as thinly spread as tissue paper, barely noticeable with very little taste.

To me the fish and chips were no better than Long John Silvers. I didn't care for them.

The Escargot was the thing I ordered that I did not like. But I don't think it would matter where I ordered it. I just couldn't get over what it actually was.

Lol, I think I tried the beef wellington with goose liver on my last Paradise cruise to be adventurous. Everyone at my table looked at me like I was crazy when I ordered it. It was pretty gross, but at least I felt like I had tried something that I normally wouldn't.

:D This is funny.

It's so rare that anyone ever refers to pate' as goose liver, even though that's what it is.

Beef Wellington is traditionally made this way. It's always on menus as, simply Beef Wellington, not "Beef Wellington with goose liver"....:D :D :D

I will cast another vote for the chocolate buffett as the worst. I love my chocolate , but there was just nothing there that I enjoyed. Which surprised me because the desserts in the dining room were excellent every night.

Other than that I thought the food was terrific

Lol, I think I tried the beef wellington with goose liver on my last Paradise cruise to be adventurous. Everyone at my table looked at me like I was crazy when I ordered it. It was pretty gross, but at least I felt like I had tried something that I normally wouldn't.

I've had beef Wellington with finely chopped mushrroms in place of the liver. That was delicious. I'd never order the kind with the liver, because I dispise the taste of liver.

Hey Cotton,

Just back from the Triumph 7/24. I wouldn't make a comment like that if it were a 20 year old opinion. And yes my opinion does still stand. Just not the fine dining that we expected on our trip. Then again, if you read my review, you will see that though we had a great time, probably won't do Carnival again. All in all too commercial. :(

Oh and guess I should update my profile huh?LOL!

Archived