What to expect after Carnival???

mrdood

Thanks - that is the info that I needed - while I could care less my parents are much more low key and enjoyed the Princess experience - they just started cruising because of my wife and I and I think wouldn't enjoy that at all for dinner.

Like I said I guess we will just work on becoming elite with Princess - one other question for you, I see you have been on Royal - do they sing and dance at dinner like Carnival? Thanks

We've had one or two songs during the course of a week cruise with RCI. One of our waiters was complaining because he didn't want to do it. He was kind-of shy and didn't speak English well, but had to get up in front of everyone and do the "Macarena".

Wish all the cruise lines would end this stuff and concentrate on what they're really there to do.

We've been on Carnival and RCI. Our next stop is Princess and plan on trying Norweigan next year.

If we go back to Carnival, I will be sure to bring the party supplies. IMHO . . . They don't call them the Fun Ships for nothing. I found that many people on Carnival would trash the ship and not think twice about it. :eek: All day long, the pool area was cluttered with dirty dishes, cig butts in drink glassess, trash flying around the decks and 5 year old wet kids running around. We saw a little of that on RCI but not nearly as bad. I felt that Carnival just had a different class of people for the most part. Yes, I had a great time on Carnival and will probably sail with them again.

Summary: Don't go to a drive-thru restaurant expecting lobster, fine champagne and excellent service! Every cruise line has a different personality.

I would have to say that I wouldn't suggest Carnival for the more serious, mature crowds. IMO it may not be a good fit. Then again, it may bring out the kid in you! We were sunburnt and drunk before the Conquest set sail! :D

I will definitely do a thorough review - hopefully the folks here on the Princess forum can adjust to my humor and sarcasm :p

mrdood,

I've been on the Carnival boards also for a while now and I find your humor and sarcasm to be quite fun and refreshing! Welcome to the Princess forum! You're going to love the Crown. She's a beautiful ship and I think that you'll have a wonderful time!:)

mrdood,

I've been on the Carnival boards also for a while now and I find your humor and sarcasm to be quite fun and refreshing! Welcome to the Princess forum! You're going to love the Crown. She's a beautiful ship and I think that you'll have a wonderful time!:)

...THANKS! I am totally psyched and pumped about our Princess cruise, I do like the Carnival product, and will be trying RCI when we cruise with the kids next, but this is one for DW and I to rest and relax...

...not everyone enjoys the dood sarcasm, but I just can't stop :eek:

...THANKS! I am totally psyched and pumped about our Princess cruise, I do like the Carnival product, and will be trying RCI when we cruise with the kids next, but this is one for DW and I to rest and relax...

...not everyone enjoys the dood sarcasm, but I just can't stop :eek:

I like Carnival, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. They're all different. On Carnival, I let down and have a lot of fun, on Royal Caribbean, I get to do a lot of athletic activities, and on Princess, I get a more laid-back experience. I like the dining room on Carnival because it is fun, but I prefer anytime on Princess. Royal Caribbean had my least favorite dining, but it had my favorite ship design. All are great! And sarcasm is excellent. Bring it!:p

If you're hoping to go cheer at the Hairy Chest contest, you'll be greatly disappointed with Princess. There is none. Thank heavens. I don't care for those kind of activities, but it certainly wouldn't be my deciding factor to go on or avoid a future Carnival cruise.

The dancing and singing by the waiters at EVERY dinner gets pretty old. Once during the week and again on the last night would be more than enough for me. I much prefer to relax and enjoy a peaceful dinner and not feel rushed. Our poor waiters on the Conquest were rushing around so much trying to get ready for their "performance" every night. We rarely got our desserts until the very end of our time slot. I say let the waiters relax and do their waiter job, and not make them entertain the pax every night.

Every night, the maitre d' would go over total scores for the red team, the blue team and the white team. Everyone would cheer & whoop for their team. Again, this is fine, but not what I consider a dining experience.

I remembered the singing and dancing, but forgot about this stuff! We had a great time on our Carnival cruise, but could have done without this part.

If you're hoping to go cheer at the Hairy Chest contest, you'll be greatly disappointed with Princess. There is none. Thank heavens. I don't care for those kind of activities, but it certainly wouldn't be my deciding factor to go on or avoid a future Carnival cruise.

No disappointment there...

But I do have a patented, "Reverse Coronado Double Spin Flop" that always fetches me a ship on a stick on board Carnival in the belly flop contest ;)

But I do have a patented, "Reverse Coronado Double Spin Flop" that always fetches me a ship on a stick on board Carnival in the belly flop contest ;)

That sounds like something I'd like to see. :eek: haha. :p

No disappointment there...

I have to say, those pool games are the best! Carnival can be soooo much fun!

Although we've had one wonderful Carnival experience on a Spirit Class ship and 3 or so bad ones on Fantasy Class ships, this is what you might expect with Princess:

1. You won't see people walking around carrying beer bottles.

2. You won't get the delicious food you're used to in the buffet.

3. You won't get the incredible pizza or the amazing grilled sandwiches in the buffet that you're used to.

4. You won't see bars packed to the gills and people yelling for more drinks.

5. You won't see neon, lots of brass or dark, heavy, ornate furnishings.

6. You won't see enthusiastic, upbeat crew members.

7. You will have an incredible, outstanding cabin steward that is friendly.

8. You won't have 3 different cabin stewards in a week.

9. You will have a wonderful, quiet, relaxing atmosphere.

Enjoy! Appreciate each cruise for what it is! :)

On our princess cruise we saw lots of people walking around carry beer.

the pizza was better then carnival-- if that is at all possible since Carnival Pizza was so great.

On either line I didnt see bars packed with people yelling for drinks.

Onboth lines I have only encountered great service among all crew members.

Each cruise is different. and your cruise is what you will want it to be.

Archived