Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

Amazing to see General San Martin again.To say this place is desolate is an understatement.It just does NOT rain there.So dry in fact that weeds can't even grow.Being a weather man jot Bill would know a bit more on this.

When we called there , we went to Paracas,about a half hour taxi ride from the middle of nowhere where the ship is berthed, and then took the little boat out to the offshore Islands to see the amazing wildlife.

2n8mxc1.jpg

My daughter and I were on the round the horn cruise 3/8 - 3/20. When we stopped in the Falklands we saw lots of gentoo penguins. The penguin warden we spoke to there, a very knowledgeable lady, told us that the gentoos stay in the Falklands so you should be able to see them. We took the flight to Antarctica and saw thousands of gentoos and some chinstraps there. I don't know whether there would be any there in early April if you were to make that trip. I know people also saw them in Ushuaia but we went on a different tour there so I don't know whether they are a resident population.

Ann

Amazing to see General San Martin again.To say this place is desolate is an understatement.It just does NOT rain there.So dry in fact that weeds can't even grow.Being a weather man jot Bill would know a bit more on this.

When we called there , we went to Paracas,about a half hour taxi ride from the middle of nowhere where the ship is berthed, and then took the little boat out to the offshore Islands to see the amazing wildlife.

2n8mxc1.jpg

Nope, the only weather I Officially observed was in So Cal & South Viet Nam (Da Nang & Khe Sanh:eek: ). Let's just say one was kinda Dry & one was Very Wet (you can guess which is which;) ). It sure does look like Desert conditions there in the pic.:eek: David. love your nautical flags for your name.:)

jot Bill

Hi,

We have some friends Ken and MaryAnn who are on this leg of the cruise with you.

We are booked to join in San Francisco.

Is it hard to get a table in anytime dining do you know?

My wife and I like a quiet place for a pre-dinner drink. At home it's easy. We sit in our favorite chairs and look out on the bay but since we can't take our living room with us what place(s) on board would you recommend?

Thanks,

Kent

Good Morning to All you Golden Cruisers!

Have a Great Day in Callao, Peru!:)

(Machu Picchu or wherever):confused:

& we look forward to hearing from you All as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!:eek:

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

Hey Jotworld

It's because of you when you were cruising and had a LIVE FROM that I got hooked on this live from stuff--Well, here we are again--it's still you but, not quite LIVE from the Golden

I enjoy the effort and pictures you're posting--will certainly be following all of your live travels that you have coming up

Again, Thanks for saving this thread--now--if we could wake up those on board--we would really be in business

Again--Thanks for your effort

Nancy:D

Good Evening to All You Golden Cruisers!

Have a Great Night in Callao, Peru!:)

& we look forward to hearing from you All soon as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!:eek:

Jot Bill (& the rest of the Landlubbers):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

Hi Again Sami,

We've never been on a ship with two free choice dining rooms. Can you eat in either one or are you assigned to one? Do you have to show your cruise card?

Thanks for your patience in answering these questions good luck with the internet.

Kent (OP)

Hey Jot Bill, in your cruising experience did you have many problems with the Internet connections? It seems like the grumbling has just been the last few months and I wonder why it's so slow? Is it possible to compose on your own Laptop and then copy paste?

I sure hope we will see some "Lives" from you in about a month.

Dianne

Hi Sami Thanks for the info on the dining room. We like having a cocktail on our balcony as well, but we were wondering if there is a quiet place to relax and have a cocktail before dinner. Of course we should be relaxed by then.

What is OP? Old Person? Odd Person? Ornate Peacock? Orange Pickle? Oscar Presenter? This OP wants to know.:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Kent

Kent, You were the Original Poster of the Question.;)

Re: the 2 Personal Choice Dining Rooms, you can eat in either, whenever, your choice :+)

Sometimes they ask for your cruise card & sometimes they don't.

Bill:)

Hey Jot Bill, in your cruising experience did you have many problems with the Internet connections? It seems like the grumbling has just been the last few months and I wonder why it's so slow? Is it possible to compose on your own Laptop and then copy paste?

I sure hope we will see some "Lives" from you in about a month.

Dianne

Hey Dianne, Yup, I was complaining all the time during my Live Froms: on the Coral & on the Golden. I thought the Golden had solved most of their internet problems,:confused: but that opinion seems to be premature:( The Boss Lady of the Princess Computer Operation is/was on the Golden.;)

Yes, Using your Laptop to compose offline & read email offline is the way to go if you have to pay for the internet!:) (No need to copy/paste, however.)

jot

PS I plan on doing some "Lives" starting 4/24 in Syd on the Pacific Princess, unless they take away the Free internet for the Suites, also.

Kent, You were the Original Poster of the Question.;)

Re: the 2 Personal Choice Dining Rooms, you can eat in either, whenever, your choice :+)

Sometimes they ask for your cruise card & sometimes they don't.

Bill:)

Thanks Sami,

I've had internet probs on the Dawn for the last two years. Last Fall it was better but the year before that it was horrendous. Probably we were able to connect only half of the time if that.

Kent OP

David. love your nautical flags for your name.

jot Bill

Here is the site for you Bill,and any others interested.

It has a flag translator you can click on and it will bring up your name,or any text you type,in Nautical Flags.

I always thought those flags meant something.;) :rolleyes:

http://www.marinewaypoints.com/learn/flags/flags.shtml

Good Morning to All you Golden Cruisers!

Have a Another Great Day in Callao, Peru, until 2PM!:)

& we look forward to hearing from you All Soon as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

Here is the site for you Bill,and any others interested.

It has a flag translator you can click on and it will bring up your name,or any text you type,in Nautical Flags.

I always thought those flags meant something.;) :rolleyes:

http://www.marinewaypoints.com/learn/flags/flags.shtml

GM David,

I'll check it out & I just might try it.;) Your Flags are Great!:D

Thanks so much!:)

jot Bill

Is anyone who went to Machu Pichu back on board? How was the tour? How did you handle the altitude?

Would certainly love to hear from ANY of you--PLEASE

Nancy:D

Archived