Cruising in October

roysue

We just got back from the Sun and can't wait to cruise again. We are considering an October cruise. I know it's huricaine season. Outside of getting into a true huricaine, what kind of weather could we expect? We would be doing St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Princess Cays. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

My husband and I did an RCCL 3 night last October and the weather was fabulous - we were in Nassau and Coco Cay. Probably at least 80 both days. Seas were the calmest I have ever seen. So if there are not any of our wonderful hurricanes, I would think the weather should be fine.

A good number of our cruises have been in October, including last year on the Sun.

It's my favorite time of the year to cruise - prices are down, most kids are back in school, you are among the first cruise visitors of the season for many of the caribbean islands, and the waters and seas, if not affected by any tropical weather, are usually as calm as you will find.

Go - and have fun!

We always cruise in October. We have never had a problem with weather. Our anniversary is October 26 and we always try to be on a ship for our anniversary. We are going (although to the Panama Canal) on another cruise this October. All of our other cruises have been to the Caribbean (all of them.....Southern, Eastern and Western). Hope you enjoy your cruise and have wonderful weather.

Because it's hurricane season, be flexible. I went at the very end of October. Still nearly lost my cruise due to a hurricane. Lost one stop. A lot of the other stops looked pretty devastated. However, it was nice and sunny.

Can't say it was "great" weather cuz I'm from SoCal, which has better weather and without the crazy storms.

Archived