Valor-Washington dining room

ginasj55

We are cruising April 1 on the Valor (yay!!!)

We'd like to dine in the Washington dining room (as opposed to the Lincoln). Do we need to make reservations? We have the late seating and not sure how this works.

Gina

Hi,

If you've signed up for late seating with either Carnival or your travel agent when you made your booking, your good to go... You don't have to make reservations for the main dining rooms, just sign up for your dinner time..... Hope this helps.......:D

I just sailed on the Valor in December... Loved the ship. And we were in the Washington dining room too... it was lovely......

We are cruising April 1 on the Valor (yay!!!)

We'd like to dine in the Washington dining room (as opposed to the Lincoln). Do we need to make reservations? We have the late seating and not sure how this works.

Gina

Your dining time is not set until you get on the ship, it is only a request put in when you book.

As soon as you get your S&S card, check your dinner seating time and dining room, if you are assigned Lincoln and would like it changed to Washington, go to the dining room and request the switch to the Maidre'd ASAP, if it is possible, he will switch dining rooms & times for you.

I just sailed on the Valor in December... Loved the ship. And we were in the Washington dining room too... it was lovely......

Thanks :) It's my first cruise since I was 8! I've really heard only good things about the Valor.

Your dining time is not set until you get on the ship, it is only a request put in when you book.

As soon as you get your S&S card, check your dinner seating time and dining room, if you are assigned Lincoln and would like it changed to Washington, go to the dining room and request the switch to the Maidre'd ASAP, if it is possible, he will switch dining rooms & times for you.

Thanks for letting me know. Will take your advice!

Gina

We were on the Valor in January, and as others have said,check your sail and sign card. If they have you in the lincoln you can change it with the Maitre D. They are there to help you from 12noon on the day you depart.

You will love the ship, if was magnificent, and wave to us in the Caymans and Cozumel. We will be on the conquest the same week so we will see you there

Happy sailing

Mel

As far as I know..the Washington Dining Rm..is the (Early) early seating and the (early) late seating...Lincoln the other..so if your dining time does not matter I'm sure they'll switch.

Between Washington and Lincoln? (I mean besides the beard, independence, civil war, assassination, etc...:D )

I guess you could consider Washington one of America's first cruisers with that whole crossing the Delaware river thing...nevermind, getting off topic...

Is one better than the other?

Go Cats

As far as I know..the Washington Dining Rm..is the (Early) early seating and the (early) late seating...Lincoln the other..so if your dining time does not matter I'm sure they'll switch.

each dining room does both. THe aft dining room is at 5:45 and 8:00

the midship dining room is 6:15 and 8:30.

each dining room does both. THe aft dining room is at 5:45 and 8:00

the midship dining room is 6:15 and 8:30.

This is correct. We were on Valor in January. We had 8:00 dinner. We were in Washington (aft dining room). There are actually 4 dinner seatings, each dining room does both late and early, they're just staggered by 30 minutes.

Thanks Serene that's what I meant to say..probably just didn't word it quite right...:)

We chose the 5:45 for our 3/25 sailing cause I heard it was Washington at that time..and wanted the aft dining room.

Sorry I don't know the difference..probably is none..(the two were identical on the Glory)...but we were midships dining on our last cruise and like aft better..usually better view out the windows..that is my only reason.

. I would like to see someone answer your question! What is the difference between the two dining rooms? Thanks!

Serene is correct in the dining times for each room, the aft dining room (Washington) is larger with more windows than the mideship room (Lincoln).

The aft dining room gets more motion of the ocean, while the mid room is a bit more stable.

Ive been in both & thats about the only difference that i can think of.

Archived