Off the fabulous NCL Star today

onegraham

Got back to San Pedro at 7 this morn. People cleared for exit at 8:15. We left at 9 and were thru customs in 30 min or so. Took 50 min. from curb at LAX to gate at LAX. Bit of a mess there after having flown into easy access Long Beach.

The crew on the Star are truly stellar in every aspect. Will write a longer review soon in the reviews section.

Entertainment the best I've seen onboard a cruise. Saw "Music of the Night twice", standing ovations at all shows and none seemed forced. These folks danced and sang their hearts out. Bravo.

Disappointed at no Acapulco stop (Manzanillo is not a charmer) but loved Mazatlan replacement too.

Star crew and ship made the cruise perfect in all respects. They are true professionals in all departments. Hug them for us.

Got back to San Pedro at 7 this morn. People cleared for exit at 8:15. We left at 9 and were thru customs in 30 min or so. Took 50 min. from curb at LAX to gate at LAX. Bit of a mess there after having flown into easy access Long Beach.

The crew on the Star are truly stellar in every aspect. Will write a longer review soon in the reviews section.

Entertainment the best I've seen onboard a cruise. Saw "Music of the Night twice", standing ovations at all shows and none seemed forced. These folks danced and sang their hearts out. Bravo.

Disappointed at no Acapulco stop (Manzanillo is not a charmer) but loved Mazatlan replacement too.

Star crew and ship made the cruise perfect in all respects. They are true professionals in all departments. Hug them for us.

Thanks for posting.

Can't wait to hear/read more:)

Thank you for the positive comments as we are sailing on the Star on 4/7!:D Looking forward to reading your review in the reveiw section. Even though you were disappointed in not making Acapulco you still seem to have a positive feel for the Star. I read a review from one of the previous cruisers that had an itinerary change and he gave NCL a pretty bad review. He liked the Star itself though. Seems like you didn't let the port changes ruin your vacation as some others obviously did!:)

The Star is supposed to get back to its regular itinerary as of the 3/22 cruise. However, even if they do change the ports again, I don't care. I just want to cruise and will make the best of it just like you did!:D

Thank you for the positive comments as we are sailing on the Star on 4/7!:D Looking forward to reading your review in the reveiw section. Even though you were disappointed in not making Acapulco you still seem to have a positive feel for the Star. I read a review from one of the previous cruisers that had an itinerary change and he gave NCL a pretty bad review. He liked the Star itself though. Seems like you didn't let the port changes ruin your vacation as some others obviously did!:)

The Star is supposed to get back to its regular itinerary as of the 3/22 cruise. However, even if they do change the ports again, I don't care. I just want to cruise and will make the best of it just like you did!:D

The Star was beautiful, the staff was incredible (for the most part), and the itinerary change was managable......we loved Manzanillo because we found our own fishing charter that, split three ways, cost less than if we had done the NCL excursion that got cancelled in Ixtapa, and not only caught 6 fish, but saw whales, dolphins and turtles.

We had dinner one night with a Sr. staff member, and he indicated that the engine issue was fixed on our cruise.....I think this was the reason why our arrival in LA was at 7 instead of the published 9am.....Feel sorry for the rest of you having to visit Acapulco w/o the $50 OBC....:D

Welcome back! :) So glad you all enjoyed the cruise, and I'm happy to hear that the Star still has a fabulous crew, as they did on my cruise two years ago. Looking forward to sailing her on 4/7, and I'm looking forward to getting to see Zihua/Ixtapa...didn't get off the ship in that port last time, and I regret that. I don't mind Acapulco either, we have an excursion planned, and I enjoyed the city last time.

I'm really glad to hear about the shows...I honestly don't remember great entertainment last time so it's nice to hear there are some good shows now!

i'll try to write a review too (i'm terrible about that)

but breifly, we had a fabulous time, it's a beautiful boat, a fabulous staff (esp to my 14 month old) and a great itinerary (we loved manzanillo and mazatlan way more than acapolco which i hated on our last star cruise - but i would add to do some homework before you go cause the actual "ports" are not that nice)

sadly back at wrok today..........

Archived