Web Based E-mail on ship & Sheraton Airport FLL

Annies Porch

Hi! I apologize if this has been answered before - I am having trouble searching. Cruising "newbie" here and just received our pre-cruise documents. A little concerned when I read in the brochure that you can only access your e-mail using a "web based" e-mail address. I have a retail internet business that is connected to my e-mail address that I assume is NOT web based - a well known cable ISP. It is not feasible to get a new e-mail address for one week. It is also not feasible to simply close the "store" while I am gone. Am I out of luck? Is there any way to access my business e-mail? We will be on the CP 10/2.

Also, I booked a pre-cruise room at the Sheraton Airport FLL through Priceline. It's too late, of course, but wondering if I made a mistake and should have chosen Downtown or Beach. Still have to book a room for post-cruise. Any opinions would be appreciated. Not a big deal because we are so excited about our first cruise we would sleep in a tent the night before.....:) Thanks so much!

you can probably setup a yahoo.com account that can also check your business account. You will need to know the e-mail settings. I had an account with comcast that I checked through yahoo even though comcast does have webmail.

Good Luck. I'm sure there is someting you can do to have access.

Bill

If you have the POP3 and SMTP settings as well as your account name and password, you can set up yahoo or hotmail to check your email over the internet.

Before you get all hot & bothered though, you may want to see if you ISP offers web-based email. Every ISP I have used has offered it via a secure website.

What is your provider?

Hi! I apologize if this has been answered before - I am having trouble searching. Cruising "newbie" here and just received our pre-cruise documents. A little concerned when I read in the brochure that you can only access your e-mail using a "web based" e-mail address. I have a retail internet business that is connected to my e-mail address that I assume is NOT web based - a well known cable ISP. It is not feasible to get a new e-mail address for one week. It is also not feasible to simply close the "store" while I am gone. Am I out of luck? Is there any way to access my business e-mail? We will be on the CP 10/2.

Also, I booked a pre-cruise room at the Sheraton Airport FLL through Priceline. It's too late, of course, but wondering if I made a mistake and should have chosen Downtown or Beach. Still have to book a room for post-cruise. Any opinions would be appreciated. Not a big deal because we are so excited about our first cruise we would sleep in a tent the night before.....:) Thanks so much!

You'll be able to access you email through a third party retrieval service like Mail2web.com which is one of the selections offered by the Princess Internet service. You will NOT be able to download anything...I mean NOTHING though so plan accordingly.

Unless you get in town really late on the night before your cruise you'd probably been better off booking the Yankee Trader or Clipper Sheratons on the beach but you can always take a cab. What's done is done but if you're a firs time Priceline user it IS possible to get a one time exception to the no-refunds rule...you just have to call them and tell them you didn't know what you were doing and wanted beach instead. They'll do it.

We liked the Sheraton Yankee Clipper before our Golden Princess cruise. Here's more on that and more on Princess that you might find useful as a first timer:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/golden_princess1

WELCOME TO PRINCESS!!

Thanks so much for your help! And, yes, I am a first time Priceline user so I might try the "didn't know what I was doing" approach - which is true.

I have Charter and will check with them about the web based thing.

Do you need to register with Web2mail ahead of time or should I just wait until I am onboard? I would not need to download anything at all - just a quick e-mail check 2 or 3 times during the cruise would be fine.

Well, I solved one problem. I called Charter and my e-mail is already web based so that is not a problem. (The nice gentleman that I talked to told me about the wonderful cruise experiences he and his family have had, so that was fun too!) I should have known since I have accessed it from other computers when we have been out of town. Guess my brain took a vacation for a bit. The phrase in the brochure threw me because it says you need to get a yahoo or hotmail address.

The people on this board are SO helpful! Thanks again!

Archived