Concierge/Rewards Questions

My wife and I are taking my parents on a Western Caribbean cruise next month. We have booked a GS cabin for ourselves and an Promenade view stateroom for the folks. (my parents didn't want a balcony room) Since my wife and I are both Platinum members and also staying in a suite we're entitled to priority boarding as well as Concierge service. I was wondering that since my parents are traveling with us are they entitled to these benefits too? Of course we would not be boarding separate from them if they weren't allowed to join us and also we probably wouldn't spend any time in the concierge lounge without them either. I was wondering if anyone here knew Royal Caribbeans policy on this? Thanks!

They can most likely check in with you, but unless they are in a suite or are at least diamond members, they will not be permitted in the concierge lounge with you. When you arrive in your suite you should get a concierge club access card and a letter from the concierge explaining everything. Once you have seen the concierge lounge, you will understand why they have to limit access to only those who qualify for it. Perhaps you can pop in for a quick drink and hors d'ouevres while your folks are getting ready for dinner.:)

Thanks for the quick replies! We had a GS on the last cruise we took and we took advantage of most of the concierge perks. We did enjoy the appetizers and drinks in the lounge although sometimes it did seem a bit uncomfortable being on average 30 years younger than the rest of the guests in the room! Anyway, thanks for your help and we'll try to get my folks on board early with us!

We have always been able to have my dad board with us. We have been in suites and now are Diamond. Before he was Diamond, he wasn't allowed in the Concierge Lounge.

We have traveled with friends and we were both in JS at the time, so they were able to board with us, but here again, they weren't allowed in the lounge, so we decided to not go there.

I think just going to a show and having drinks before our dinner worked well and might for you too if you are second seating. No matter, though, I am sure your parents and you will enjoy your cruise.

Katie

Sorry, but that wasn't our experience. Our DD, who is diamond because of us, was with her husband on Freedom in October, and was told that her DH was not allowed in the Diamond Club. After the cruise he became diamond, but during the cruise he was not allowed in the club. I think he should have been allowed in there, but their ship, their rules. Maybe the concierge on other ships would allow it, but it wasn't the case on Freedom in October. Course, it was a Members Cruise, and there were so many diamond and d+ onboard that may have been the reason, but I don't know for sure.

I'm hoping that's not the case for my next 2 cruises. I'm Diamond but neither of my cabin mates will be. They are both aware they may not be able to go in & are fine with that, but it will be nicer if they can.

Course in May we will be in a JS and can always plead the "brochure" say's JS's are entittled and see what happens.........:eek:

I'm hoping that's not the case for my next 2 cruises. I'm Diamond but neither of my cabin mates will be. They are both aware they may not be able to go in & are fine with that, but it will be nicer if they can.

Course in May we will be in a JS and can always plead the "brochure" say's JS's are entittled and see what happens.........:eek:

I'd go for it.......what do you have to lose?;) It's their book with their error! Only, I would approach GR with a smile and a pleasant attitude. Then, if they don't give in.........use force!!:D

RCCL automatically made my husband a platinum when we got married. We have taken others into the Concierge without incident. I wouldn't take a bunch of people. We have also had others traveling with us get into the special line for suite passengers. Taking them with us to C&A parties hasn't been a problem just as long as we have our invitation.

Archived