Does Carnival overbook cabins?

gospelle

Further to my last post, and to firefly's comment, if you go to carnival.com even now, you'll see my cabin (6483) on the Aug 14, 2008 sailing on Freedom continues to show up as a cabin 9A choice. Just as it did when I originally tried to book it.

When you click it, then you get the message, but that's EXACTLY what happened to me. I then booked via the travel agent system, which STILL shows it available.

You do have a problem I just went thru the booking process and it WILL let me book that room! Juat like Kicia said" I just tried to book cabin 6483 on the Freedom Europe cruise on 8/14/08 and it is still showing available on the travel agent site. There is only one 9A that is booked for that cruise. I would get a confirmation from your TA showing your cabin selection.

6483 is the right room right?

I dont want to bug my TA, but I want to see it and be sure Carnival isnt changing the cabin I booked.

That's what they are there for, and if they don't like it transfer the booking to Carnival.

You do have a problem I just went thru the booking process and it WILL let me book that room!

You sure you're looking at 2008? Just askin.

yes, 6483 is the room. Aug 14, 2008 Carnival Freedom.

Like I've said before, I have the confirmation from my online TA (Travelocity.com). I also have a confirmation number from Carnival.

Plus, I have spoken with them (3 times) and I've spoken with Carnival (twice). In all cases they say I am the only one booked in that cabin.

But as you can see, the fact other folks can book it has me worried. (the whole point of this thread). Another thing that has me worried is that the situation that exists now, also existed when I booked, that being Carnival.com showed the room booked, online TA showed it available. Did I bump someone who booked it before me? Will the next person to book it bump me?

What I'd like to know is, and what I can't test, what happens if someone selects that room and actually PAYS for it?? up until now, the previous posters, and myself have only gone so far as the credit card question. up until then it looks like you can book it.

******And the most important thing I'd like to know is, Has anyone ever BOOKED a cruise on carnival and then later on, found out they were bumped to another cabin due to over booking?******

That's what they are there for, and if they don't like it transfer the booking to Carnival.

You sure you're looking at 2008? Just askin.

Yep Don, 8/14/08 ! She said she booked thru Carnival. Like Kicia and I have found, it is allowing booking on the TA site, really weird. Most be a clitch.

There were several sailing oversold a few years it was a problem that made the papers. A church group of 200 was one of the groups bummped. They were upset that they were bummped as they didn't drink and gamble:) . I personally have never heard of double booking a room. Just gty's not having a cabin when they showed up.

I'm concerned. :(

I found the perfect cruise, the perfect cabin on the aft corner with a exrtra deep wraparound deck (freedom, 6483). I went to the Carnival.com website to book it and was presented with a button to select the cabin. When I pressed it, I'm presented with an error message saying it is unavailable. I try another cabin's button, same result, a third cabin's button and this time it allows it, but it's not the cabin I want.

I head off to my favorite online travel agent to see if their interactive maps have an easier way to see what's available and lo and behold my perfect cabin is showing available. I proceed to book it via the online travel agent.

I go back to carnival.com and yes, I'm booked, but no mention of the cabin number. On a hunch, I go back to my online travel agent and see if my cabin still shows available or not. I does!! :eek: I panic, and call them 3 times, each time they confirm (once with me in a 3 way conference call) with Carnival that I'm booked in that cabin and that it is not available to anyone else.

Yet, it still shows available on the online travel agent's site.

So, I came here, because I know if anything like this has happened before, you folks would know about it. So tell me cruiser friends, Do I have anything to worry about?

Gospelle,

If you have added the booking number to your Carnival.com account, CLICK THIS to see the booking details. It will only work if you have added the booking number and if you're logged on to Carnival.com. Make sure you log on first.

Gospelle,

If you have added the booking number to your Carnival.com account, CLICK THIS to see the booking details. It will only work if you have added the booking number and if you're logged on to Carnival.com. Make sure you log on first.

I was logged in and got an error message.

We apologize, an error occurred while processing your request. Carnival.com technical support has been notified of the problem and will be working to resolve the issue.

If you would like to email Carnival.com technical support, please use the following email address: support@carnival.com.

PaulMedik,

I'm interested in your approach, however, I've run into some issues. when I open a new browser and log into carnival, then click your link in my first browser, I get the following: (booking number blacked out for privacy reasons):

carnival.jpg

Clicking the edit link next to "cabin", "category" or "dining preference" causes errors. Clicking the edit link next to "airfare from" does bring up the optoin to include airfare (which currently I don't have). Below the picture was my payment info which was correct, as was my booking number (blacked out).

This is all interesting and would like to see more info and less errors, but I don't think as it is that this helps me in any way to determine if this cabin is over booked or not. your thoughts?

Okay, here's the situation. I got tired of people at the online TA telling me not to worry and I tried to book my cabin again under a different name, but with a valid credit card.

AND WAS SUCCESSFULL!!! :eek:

I called the TA and ask them to confirm that I (the original me) was booked in that room. Yes

I then asked them to check the new "confirmation" number (the fictional me) and lo and behold they were booked in that room too!!

Both have CONFIRMATION numbers from Carnival!

IT LOOKS LIKE CARNIVAL DOES OVERBOOK THEIR CABINS!!!

I just wanted to follow up on my last post as I just got off the phone with the TA (who was on the phone with Carnival).

Carnival's reservation system DOES have a problem. They ARE overbooking cabin's as they confirmed that both reservation confirmation numbers were associated with the same cabin on the same sailing.

They canceled my second booking (the experiment) and are currently "looking into the problem". My instructions are to call back tomorrow to determine A. what the problem was B. is the problem fixed C. am I in fact booked into that cabin.

I'll definately keep you posted, but for anyone reading this that has experienced my problem (carnival.com saying room booked, and online TA allowing you to book it) BE VERY CAUTIOUS!!! You may not in fact be booked, or may end up getting bumped.

Because I feel this problem is of importance to everyone, I intend to post a new thread titled "Carnival IS overbooking cabins" with a link to this thread. Please feel free to reply in either thread.

PaulMedik,

I'm interested in your approach, however, I've run into some issues. when I open a new browser and log into carnival, then click your link in my first browser, I get the following: (booking number blacked out for privacy reasons):

carnival.jpg

Clicking the edit link next to "cabin", "category" or "dining preference" causes errors. Clicking the edit link next to "airfare from" does bring up the optoin to include airfare (which currently I don't have). Below the picture was my payment info which was correct, as was my booking number (blacked out).

This is all interesting and would like to see more info and less errors, but I don't think as it is that this helps me in any way to determine if this cabin is over booked or not. your thoughts?

Gospelle,

Since your actual room number didn't show up on this link, but your booking number did, I'd say this is more proof there is an issue with their booking system. If your booking were correct, your room number would have shown up. The link will work for any booking as long as the booking is registered in your name at Carnival.com even if you booked through a TA. You cannot make changes via the link even if you booked through Carnival.

Archived