Mariner and Flight Times

I will be going on the Mariner in October and wanted to ask about flights home the day of debarkation. I can get a flight from Orlando at 12:35pm (cheap flight vs driving 11 hours). Does anyone know what the cruise line recommends as far as how early to book flights on debarkation day? Does anyone have experience in taking a flight successfully this early? Any info would be great.

I think it is fine, provided you do self-disembark so you're off the ship early.

We sailed on Mariner last november, and then were staying at Disney for a few days. We did NOT do self-disembark, but left with the plat/d priority disembarkation from the lounge.

We then found our luggage, went through customs, caught budget shuttle to pick up rental car, and were checking into the Grand Floridian at Disney at 10am.

So that's why I think you'll be ok getting through customs and through security at MCO if you get off the ship as early as possible.

happy sailings,

Wendy

Just get off the ship early-- I-4 can be a huge traffic disaster at times! (It always seems to be under construction!)

If you go I-4 from Pt Canaveral to the airport, I'd like to know how you get to it. The way to the airport is 528 formerly the Beeline, now the Beachline.

OP,

If you go to the pursers desk and ask for a color that is first off (We had beige 1 and we were off right after the self debarkation people) you will be off the ship by about 8:15-8:30. It's an hour drive to the airport, and I don't know how you are getting there. If you have to pick up a rental car, that would add some time, but you should be fine.

My sister got off the same time as we did, got into my dad's car that was parked at the cruise parking lot and was at the airport at 9:30. I know going thru security at Orlando is tedious, but you would have plenty of time to spare.

The only reason I could see that you wouldn't make the flight is if there are people who delay the debarkation, crew people having to go thru immigration, or if you are taking a shuttle and having to wait for it to fill up. Other than those reasons, I think you are good to go. Enjoy your cruise.

Katie

Archived