Traveling without daughter

cruisegirl25

Hello All,

I know this thread is for Princess, but I did not know where to begin. We are going on our first cruise without our daughter. She will stay home with her Nana. I am not sure what I need to do for her. What kind of documentation should I do. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to fill out an authorization form for nana to be able to make any medical decisions for your daughter while you're gone. Also write down any medical insurance info & numbers.

I usually just write out the aithorization and include the names, birthdate of your daughter, and dates that you're gone, then have someone witness it. They used to have to be notarized, but not anymore, at least at my local hospital. However, if you call your local hospital, they usually have pre-made forms that you can just fill in the blanks, and I'm sure they can give you all the requirements.

If I were you, I'd call your local hospital and ask them if they have blank medical authorization forms that they can send you to use.

Here is a sample of the one of the forms we use when we leave our daughter with the grandparents. In addition to the doctor/dentist phone numbers don't forget to leave one of your insurance cards with Nana. Have a great trip!!!

Sorry, couldn't attach--had to copy & paste

AUTHORIZATION FOR AGENT TO CONSENT TO MEDICAL TREATMENT OF A MINOR

In our absence (dates you will be gone) we hereby authorize ____________________________ to consent to any medical, dental and/or hospital care of ___________________________ (D.O.B. _______________) deemed advisable by a licensed physician and provided by that physician or under that physician’s supervision, regardless of where treatment is provided. We also give consent for our child to be transported by ambulance to an emergency center for treatment.

________________ is not currently on any medication and is up to date with her immunizations. We are not aware of any allergies she may have.

Signed: _____________________________ Date: ___________

(typed name)

Father of minor

Signed: _____________________________ Date: ___________ (typed name)

Mother of minor

Leave money for a co-pays if she would need it for the doctor and medical card.

Dentist number

Vets numbers if you have animals and instruction regarding effort/cost you will expend to keep the animal's alive.

If she is in school friends numbers and their parents names.

Family numbers.

How you can be reached on the ship.

If she is in "contact" sports I would ask her to not practice why you are gone. Games? you can't let down the team...but so many kids get hurt in practice.

Coaches don't like it but have accepted the request from us whenever we have traveled without our kids. At least we are not pulling them from the games.

In our town you can file a generic form at the Emergency Room of the hospital and they will keep it on file until the child turns 18. You might want to check with your local hospital. Otherwise, all the above suggestions are right-on. Especially insurance cards, co-pays and permission slips for the caregiver.

I would also suggest you have an easily accessible e-mail account such as Yahoo that you can check periodically. Hopefully Nana will be able to e-mail you reports and/or questions. ;)

Archived